SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgia :'>

+3
BeazelWeasel
Shindib
DeadCamper
7 posters

Go down

Nostalgia :'> Empty Nostalgia :'>

Post by DeadCamper Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:52 am

Ah yes, those were the days.

DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia :'> Empty Re: Nostalgia :'>

Post by Shindib Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:04 am

I like the music.

Shindib
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:18 am

TL;DW
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:29 am

<3

i do miss those days of BC2... and thw switch over to PC was kind of cold and lonely at first. but i've settled in with some regulars and it's really starting to shine.

too bad i can't stand being on PS3 at all anymore, even the controller feels like some weird abstract device when i play at my brothers.

join us dead... on the dorkside
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by RatedStinger Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Lawl what is it with this incompatibility with KB+M and controller? I've played my fair share of FPS games on both without much problems(not including computer specs).
RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:50 am

It's hard to explain but it is hard going back and forth from KBM to controller. When I first played BC2 my sensitivity was extremely low because I just couldn't aim with it high. It had the rather adverse effect of me being unable to shoot people in CQC though XD. As time went on I got better and could bump it up. Then PSN went down and I went back to being rubbish again. TBH that's why I'm quite happy with my BC2 stats and how I played, considering BC2 was the second console MP fps I ever played.

This goes both ways of course, I can't remember exact names (might be Napkin Razz) but a lot of SoFA players who are used to controllers find it hard with KBM as well.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:56 am

I played Doom and Duke Nukem 3D growing up. But back then you didn't use a mouse in FPS's, and they were mostly single player games, so "skill" wasn't as important. You could just start up Duke and have fun. But today it's mostly about competitive MP, and if you're a console player like me, you don't want to jump online on a PC game with KB+M, you'd just get owned over and over until you started to hate the game. This of course works the other way around as well, going from PC to console.

Naturally there are going to be a few exceptions, people who have an easier time adapting to both. But that goes for everything in life, people have different talents. I like to paint, while some people claim they can't even draw a straight line.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:06 am

^Perfect post really. As you said you get people like JDM who can be fantastic on both PC and console, how he did in BC2 was pretty impressive.

I fall into a strange category. When I was younger I was okay at art, I even sold one of my paintings in the school exhibition for 20 pounds :>. Yet I can't draw straight lines at all, really made algebraic graphs hard in maths.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:12 am

Haha, well straight lines are overrated when it comes to art, I can't draw them myself.

I used to sell my paintings frequently, I even tried making my living off it for a short while. But I found it hindered my inspiration and creativity when I turned it into a business.
Do you have any of your stuff online where one might look at them?
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:25 am

Unfortunately I seemingly lost my talent as I got older. I was 14 when that painting was sold so it was a long time ago. I'm pretty good with charcoal, that's my strong point.

My school thought I was much better than I was though. Every week you had to do a drawing of something the teacher said and then it'd get marked. My dad did them for me, and I consistently got 10/10 Razz.

They even said I should try and get an art scholarship.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:08 am

You cheeky bastard! How come you wanted your dad to do them for you, and how come HE agreed to it? XD
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 am

Well I was good enough to get maybe 8 or 9 out of 10 but I thought I might as well let my dad do it so I had more time to focus on my weaker subjects like maths and chemistry. My dad didn't mind doing it anyway Razz
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:29 am

DeadCamper wrote:I played Doom and Duke Nukem 3D growing up. But back then you didn't use a mouse in FPS's, and they were mostly single player games, so "skill" wasn't as important. You could just start up Duke and have fun. But today it's mostly about competitive MP, and if you're a console player like me, you don't want to jump online on a PC game with KB+M, you'd just get owned over and over until you started to hate the game. This of course works the other way around as well, going from PC to console.

Naturally there are going to be a few exceptions, people who have an easier time adapting to both. But that goes for everything in life, people have different talents. I like to paint, while some people claim they can't even draw a straight line.

What? I couldn't read anything because of that new sexy avatar you have there
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorex_VII Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:41 am

^What the... there is a fine line between...nah, nvm.
Anyways, i miss that game, if i could still get full games... Sad
Scorex_VII
Scorex_VII
The Dancing Machine
The Dancing Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down