SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for a new headset?

+3
SovereignSpirit
Felixlynch777
RatedStinger
7 posters

Go down

Suggestions for a new headset? Empty Suggestions for a new headset?

Post by RatedStinger Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 am

For the past few days, the wires on my Turtle Beach PX21s have been fucking up(cracks on the cord near the amp along with the damned thing being tangled for god knows how long). It wasn't anything I haven't seen before as the wires have been tangled for quite a while now, but about two days ago, the sound started cutting off on the left earphone. I can hear audio on both sides again if I mess around with the wire but I know it'll only get worse from here.

So I was wondering if any of you guys had suggestions for a high quality headset(I'd prefer durability over performance, but the performance should be similar to the PX21s). The headset should also cost no more than $80. I myself was looking at a Sharkoon but I want to know if there are other options.

RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for a new headset? Empty Re: Suggestions for a new headset?

Post by Felixlynch777 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:28 am

If you were satisfied with the PX21s. I'd just buy another pair.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by SovereignSpirit Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:29 am

I like my new wireless PS3 headset, but its out of your price range. The only downside to them is the fact that you cant hear yourself. My wife says I have been getting louder at night with the headset.
SovereignSpirit
SovereignSpirit
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by GoreGross Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Yeah, suggestions would be nice. I can't believe I actually bought that Bluetooth Wireless headset Sony put out. I had no idea it would be crap, I only bought it to communicate - it did just that, and I was satisfied.
GoreGross
GoreGross
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by omarionfire Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:36 pm

GoreGross wrote:I had no idea it would be crap, I only bought it to communicate - it did just that, and I was satisfied.

Wait, so is it pure crap, or would you buy it again? Suspect

I for one just roll with an ancient bluetooth headset my dad had gotten for his cellphone at least 5 years ago. Shit is old but i love it I love you.
omarionfire
omarionfire
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GoreGross Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 pm

omarionfire wrote:
GoreGross wrote:I had no idea it would be crap, I only bought it to communicate - it did just that, and I was satisfied.

Wait, so is it pure crap, or would you buy it again? Suspect

I for one just roll with an ancient bluetooth headset my dad had gotten for his cellphone at least 5 years ago. Shit is old but i love it I love you.

My bad, should've rephrased that. What I mean is that it did what I wanted it to at the time, but now I want headphones, because my BT always falls out of my ear. I wanna hear my voice/other's voices and the game on my headphones. I have to lower volume if I want to use my mic which sucks, cus otherwise everyone hears the noise and it can get annoying.
I actually was thinking of gettin the PX21's
They're not pure crap, but I probably wouldn't buy mine again. Sad
GoreGross
GoreGross
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:54 pm

I have the sony bluetooth as well. It's okay, sounds clear but in BC2 it cut out every now and again.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by RatedStinger Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Felixlynch777 wrote:If you were satisfied with the PX21s. I'd just buy another pair.

Performance-wise, the PX21s were good. Problem is that it seems that there's a common trend of durability issues with this particular headset as I've yet to see a review of someone saying that their headset was working at near-optimal condition more than a year after purchase. It annoys me that most of the negative reviews didn't come until recently(about the last 3 months) so when I first looked at the headset on Amazon back in April, the overall average was 4.5/5. Last night, that average dropped 1 whole star as more people cited durability issues in the recent reviews.
RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Yep, my precious TB's finally broke the other day. They lasted over a year though, maybe a year and a half. They still work and I use them, but the left ear piece broke off and I had to use MacGyver tape. >_>
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 am

PX21's seem to always have problems with the left headphone. Whether it falls off and must be duct taped or the sound cuts out completely. Although, if the left headphone fell off, I'd expect the sound to eventually start cutting out too.
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by RatedStinger Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Before whatever caused the left earphone to fall off/stop working, did any of you guys(those that also used a PX21) experience notable performance drops on the left earphone? Mine had a slight equilibrium imbalance after a few months due to a performance drop in sound on the left side.

As for headset choices, it seems I'm left with three choices: A Sharkoon, Triton, or buy any well-known headset(even another TB) from Best Buy since they have a 2-year replacement plan. The third choice is obviously the best one, but the nearest Best Buy is not so convenient for me to go to(one is on the other side of the city and another is about 30-40 miles south).
RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum