SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCEE: "Mañana... mañana..."

+3
Biggles
Felixlynch777
DeadCamper
7 posters

Go down

SCEE: "Mañana... mañana..." Empty SCEE: "Mañana... mañana..."

Post by DeadCamper Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

So Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is out on Steam US/EU, Xbox360 US/EU and PSN ...US.

Seriously, SCEE must be the crappiest, laziest thing since the sloth. :S A major, anticipated game is released, supposedly on August 21st worldwide, and EU PS3 players get screwed again. There were rumors that it'd be out on Wednesday instead since that's when the EU PS Store is usually updated, but nothing.

I'm not the biggest CS fanboy or anything, but I was still somewhat looking forward to this. Wonder how long we'll have to wait this time. Days, months? Some games in the past have been delayed insanely long.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

SCEE: "Mañana... mañana..." Empty Re: SCEE: "Mañana... mañana..."

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 am

Hopefully it'd be out soon, I couldn't see it being delayed for a very significant amount of time.

I've been playing it a fair bit and it's a blast though. Really does feel excellent and despite the no ADS it has the most responsive, fluid and satisfying shooting mechanics I've seen...well since the original CS 1.6 back nearly 12 years ago.

I was interested to see how it'd turn out for PS3 as whilst do I love Valve, their PS3/360 ports haven't exactly been the best. From what I can see of the forums there's no major problems except funnily enough like BF3 some are suffering from an input lag issue. Seemingly happens even if using a controller or KB/M, not sure if it occurs with the PS3 move. Although I would have to agree with some complaints that the game should've been like COD and toned down the graphics to play at a higher FPS. When you've got CS pros playing on CRT monitors to get 800+FPS you can see how important it is. I do believe it has a first for consoles as well of acceleration options. I've been wanting this for ages and it's especially needed when precise aim is needed due to no aim assist at all so kudos to Valve for implementing it.

The CS: GO forums are a funny old place. I'm happy to see there's no fanboyism, everyone is civil to each other and the feedback/help is good. Then there's the downside of the hate for the game boiling down to 3 arguments:

1: It's too much like CS:S.
2: It's too different to CS:S.
3: It's a COD clone (lol this is so ridiculous that it does thankfully get shot down quickly)

As Biggles said, a very long beta period with huge fan consideration taken into account is not enough it seems.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggles Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 am

Hee hee, shooters played on Move are hilarious. Because it's the least precise control method there is.

Anyhoo, I was indeed right and Valve daring to make a game that's not CS 1.6 indeed has pissed off the CS fanboys. But I'm not exactly bragging, everyone saw that coming.
Biggles
Biggles
Notorious B.I.G.gles

https://sofaforum.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:20 am

IDK about PS move, never used it, but I'd take a Wii remote over a controller for an FPS game. Resident Evil 4 feels much easier and better with the Wii remote as you can aim much faster and more precise IMO. Lack of buttons is an issue I guess.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:22 am

with my little experience playing with move, it was more accurate than a wiimote, and i'd easily take that control scheme over a dual shock anyday...

biggles just likes to be bitter about anything that's not a hipster single-player indie experience Wink
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 am

Omnirock wrote:biggles just likes to be bitter about anything that's not a hipster single-player indie experience Wink
^This is true.
...But on the plus side, one of his personalities is TALSO!
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggles Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Biggles owns a Move.

Biggles has played shooters on his Move.

Biggles thought it was fun and all, but not enough to be worth it against people using a traditional controller over long periods of time. Aiming can be smoother, but button placement on the controller itself results in good carpal tunnel syndrome times. The hand movements required to hit such buttons screw up Biggles's aim unless he actively thinks about where his hands are, and by that point, he's stopped paying attention to the action at hand. And dies. Horribly.

And Biggles is totally a hipster. The first person is too mainstream for him.
Biggles
Biggles
Notorious B.I.G.gles

https://sofaforum.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 am

My masterpiece:

Disclaimers:

1) First round I played.
2) Lower FPS makes my aim worse.
3) I feel guilty for actually using an amazing song, should've chose something more obnoxious.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:24 am

The sick, cringeworthy truth is 50% of earths population will think you're being sincere. D:

Last edited by DeadCamper on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:01 am

Some highlights. Laughing

Funny things is.. they don't care because they know that they can wait 24 hours or even a week to resolve this and alot of people will let them of with a slap on the wrist.
People gladly continue to buy stuff.

After the security breach, how many have added the VISA card again? I bet alot, even though Sony confessed that their security had some major holes and flaws in it.

They just don't care, because even if 100.000 angry EU PS3 users rage on a forum, 90% of them will accept their ignorance once the game is on the PSN Store. They got millions of users on PSN, they don't care if 5% of them are angry. It's their mentality.
Put the lid on.. say nothing and make no comments, just add it in the next weeks update and people will accept it.

They even f**ked Valve over this time, and they don't care. IF THEY CARED the game would have been uploaded and present on PSN store no more than one hour after the raging begun..is it there now? Nope.. why?..because they couldent care less.

The office is shut down, the last guy hit the lightswitch and they all whistled and went to the pub... with absolutly no worries.

No one is going to sue them, no major drawbacks, no loss in stockmarket nothing will happen except alot of angry gamers... we are not even customers in their eyes.. we are gamers.
I actually can't help but laugh at how utterly ridiculous the situation with the EU PS store has gotten, we are promised this, that and thon, with it never to appear on the EU store, but actually on the American store instead.

We, as consumers, must highlight this problem that has gone undetected by everyone else, bar the EU playstation customers. Last week, I asked the PS blog, "What's the situation with CS:GO's pre-order? Will it arrive next week?" With them only to reply with, "We don't know. It's not on our list." I mean, what kind of blatantly amateur response is that? This is probably THE BIGGEST game to hit the store in months, and they don't even give a toss about it.

Europeans built the Playstation brand, with big titles like Gran Turismo selling most in Europe, and the Playstation console itself outselling all competitors in Europe. This is a big slap in the face to it's loyal European customers, and I am now reconsidering to continue my now decade long tolerance of this utter crap from Playstation.
The people who work for Sony Europe are some of the worst most un-skilled people in the industry today, along with everyone in their marketing department they should be ashamed of themselves.

Most importantly their complete lack of negotiation powers with publishers makes you cringe, these people have no idea what they are doing and believe it or not it's actually getting worse.

The sooner they fire the entire top level management team and bring in some americans to run it for us the better, say what you want about Americans but the bottom line is that when they set their mind to something...... it gets done

Dont believe me, check the US store, not just for content but for pricing and availability, its superb.

Dont get me wrong i couldnt care less about counter strike, im talking about the bigger picture here.
110% agree. I feel sorry for that Jawad guy over on the PS blog. He tries to pin down games, get info, reply to as many people as possible, but the guy seems to be surrounded by monkeys, thus he cannot do his job properly. Something must be wrong with the "higher-ups". I must also laugh at the constant mistakes made on the store:

- 79p DLC for Uncharted Golden Abyss netted you the full game instead
- Undead Knights demo was the full game
- I believe the AC:Bloodlines demo was the full game also
- Made the "online pass" for Kingdoms of Amalur accidentally free. I still have my original boxed code because of this.
- DLC for Escape Plan was free for a few hours
- Constant wrong pricing on games: MGS HD Vita 19.99 then changed to £23.99. £15 for Resident evil Chronicles HD, then changed to £21? I also managed to grab Resi 4 HD back when it was released for about £6 as opposed to the actual PS+ price of £9/10 I think.

While you can't complain when these things happen, it goes to show how incompetent the European team are.

Tl;DR
Sony Europe need to shape up.
I'm agreeing. ENTIRELY. the European arm of Sony Computer Entertainment seems to make a habit of dropping the ball time & again, this is just another in a line of screw-ups. the pricing is a bit of a joke, & frequently content has a habit of being due for release & disappearing 'due to unforeseen circumstance/circumstances beyond our control' - Looking at the US/Japanese stores just gives you an idea of the level of incompetence. & I'm still waiting for Tekken 3/Darkstalkers PSone
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 am

Wow. According to the Playstation EU Blog there will be no CS:GO in the Store update this time either. These people are unbelievable. The blog is being swarmed atm.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:22 am

A gif that nicely sums up many feelings towards SCEE at the moment:

SCEE: "Mañana... mañana..." G2vy
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:23 am

Yeah, that's pretty much it.
I'm shopping for US PSN cards atm.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuro Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:41 am

Nice, I was just told by my US account that I have already 2 PS3s connected to it and thus cannot buy or download anything. Great idea to have the new gamesharing rules lock out the primary system first, makes me want to buy an Xbox because SCEE is shit anyway (as is my 40GB PS3).
Neuro
Neuro
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:52 am

Wait, you already have two connected? So that means that whatever PS3 you were using now was the third? How many PS3 do you have man? Or have you shared with others?
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:34 am

Even though I'd think it'd be likely consoles follow the DRM route for the PS4/720 I wish they'd ease up on the region restrictions. I have a Malaysian PSN account and can't use my English credit card, nor do they sell Malaysian PSN cards so I had to gameshare every single PSN item I bought. Now when I'm over here I have to use my alt UK account for this kind of stuff and it's confusing as hell. Even for these online pass codes you have to have the same region.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:37 am

Yeah, this is the internet, the whole point of it is that there are no more borders. They're screwing that up with all these regions and strange rules.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:20 am

Whoa, Campuh's new avatar is quite menacing...

Also, I dun unnastand all y'allz prob. 'murrica fuck yeah, son.
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:41 am

If I ever find myself down a dark alley in Stockholm, I'll keep an eye out for those piercing eyes...lest I be pierced in other ways.

My Steam one is the best though. Partly because I troll Biggles by reminding him of awful Blink 182 songs with it.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Campy wrote:SCEE: "Mañana... mañana..." 7-8

SCEE: "Mañana... mañana..." ArJpmEyCAAAUAzT
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:19 am

I won't rape any of you in a dark alley. I'll fucking make love to you while you scream. Then I'll pour acid in your eyes and chop your limbs off. It's the Swedish way.

Edit: ...Oh god, that IS a Blink 182 cover isn't it...
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum