SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is getting silly already

+2
DeadCamper
PetZku
6 posters

Go down

this is getting silly already Empty Re: this is getting silly already

Post by DeadCamper Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:01 pm

Embarrassing.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 pm

DeadCamper wrote:Embarrassing.
Isn't it? How could it have taken THIS long to FINALLY start getting rid of that which is OBVIOUSLY possessing people to do horrible deeds.
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:06 am

I'm burning my collection of naked JM pictures as we speak, as they'll inevitably lead to real life rape of hundreds of young men.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:47 am

It's easier to blame video games than the real problem of guns/society.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 am

BUT BUT BUT.... OUR FIRST AMENDMENT!!!!@!!!@

I HAVE TO DEFEND MY HOME FROM INTRUDERS!!!

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE!!!!

blah blah blah.

They should have offered to burn copies of Madden instead, to prevent people from growing up to become million dollar football players with brain damage that beat their wives.
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:41 am

*second amendment
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:43 am

My favourite argument was that coincidentally on the same day in China a guy attacked a school with a knife. He caused zero casualties. Yet people were still touting that as proof that apparently gun control would have no effect and that anyone can commit a massacre using knives/rocks/their bare hands. I would not want to get into a fist fight with an American if that was the case Razz. The pretty obvious and apparent reasoning that it's sure as hell easier to shoot someone than to beat them to death with a hand to hand weapon is just completely lost on these proponents.

As to the 2nd Amendment thing and how it's impossible to change, don't understand it either. I believe the second amendment was referring to Charleville flintflock muskets with a fire rate of 2 rounds per minute and was intended for protection in the quite likely occurrence that the USA would have a war with the most powerful nation on Earth at the time (Britain). If the constitution is so unchangeable and holy then why don't we continue slavery, which was said to be a-okay in the constitution?

Eh, IDK. I'm not anti-American at all, quite the opposite in fact. Maybe because I'm not from there I don't get it but I'll never understand the fascination and love for keeping deadly weapons in your home, as common and everyday as toothpaste or washing up liquid. As a former student of it I try to think of things in the "economics" way, namely statistically. And statistically you stand a hugely greater chance of hurting yourself/others around you than ever protecting yourself just by the mere fact of owning a gun. I understand the appeal of it, I've shot quite a few guns and it is enjoyable but it should be like in the UK where if you do have a gun (and you only really have a chance of owning a shotgun/target pistol, there's exceedingly little chance of owning a handgun) then it should be kept at the shooting range.

I too second the burning of Madden.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:38 am

Eh, IDK. I'm not anti-American at all, quite the opposite in fact.

i am fairly anti-american... not going to lie...

also, i don't buy for a second that felix is pro-american.... nice try though.
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:47 am

Felixlynch777 wrote:As to the 2nd Amendment thing and how it's impossible to change, don't understand it either. I believe the second amendment was referring to Charleville flintflock muskets with a fire rate of 2 rounds per minute and was intended for protection in the quite likely occurrence that the USA would have a war with the most powerful nation on Earth at the time (Britain). If the constitution is so unchangeable and holy then why don't we continue slavery, which was said to be a-okay in the constitution?
The constitution didn't say slavery was okay (in fact, the term "slave" wasn't even used until the 13th amendment, but that's not to say the subject wasn't addressed a few times with terms such as "other persons," "importation of Persons," and "person held to service or labor" ). The few times slaves are addressed are when it says that a law prohibiting it cannot be imposed until the year 1808 (which was in there to please the south), when it says slaves only count as 3/5ths of a person in regards to population for determining number of representatives, and when it mentions that if one escapes to another state, if found, they are returned to their owner (this was a side note for the part that mentions someone convicted of a crime who flees to another state shall be returned to the state in which the crime happened)
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 am

this is getting silly already Straw
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am

I was actually quite impressed with that JM XD

this is getting silly already Pedantic_Boy

@Omneh I mean in the sense of being against American culture/people, which I'm not at all. If you mean politics then yes I'm a typical European liberal haha.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 pm

*shrug* Just throwing some knowledge out there.
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 pm

I wasn't criticising you, I thought it was quite interesting in fact.

Us pedants have got to stick together Wink
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:58 am

Then you might also find it interesting that the 2nd amendment is very controversial in that, apparently (this is something that my Government teacher last year emphasized) the 2nd amendment was the right a militia, not for individuals to own weapons.

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

From what I've read, courts, originally, ruled it so that the militia clause was greater than the bear arms clause and thereby it gave the right to a militia bear arms, not individuals. Towards the end of the 1970's, beginning of the 1980's there was push for the theory that the 2nd amendment should be interpreted more loosely, that it grants individuals the right to own weaposn to protect them/their family and eventually this theory became the "law of the land" so to speak.
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:54 am

^I have actually read of that, the whole militia thing.

All in all it seems like an anachronistic law. Technically there are laws in the UK that means I, as a "native Englishman", am allowed to do things like killing welsh people or catholics if they are in the streets past 6pm.

No seriously that's a real law. XD
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggles Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 am

The classic argument the pro-gun crowd makes when presented with the indisputable fact that every other developed country, all of which have some form of gun control that far outclasses our heavily primitive system, has less deaths per capita caused by guns every year, is this:

WELL YOU SEE, THEY HAVE HIGHER PERCENTAGES OF KNIFE KILLINGS. ALSO, MAKING SOMETHING HARDER TO GET MEANS IT CAN STILL BE BOUGHT ILLEGALLY.

So basically, what we have here are a bunch of people who claim to own their firearms legally, but must not, because every time we attempt to do the most basic thing in terms of regulation, panties bunch up and they get with the protestin'.

But I could go on about these inbred fucks for days, and it's better I don't.

(we're touching upon one of those issues that Biggles takes pretty seriously, because something very bad happened in his life that the ease with which a firearm can be purchased here pretty much caused)
Biggles
Biggles
Notorious B.I.G.gles

https://sofaforum.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PetZku Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 pm

How long before video games are blamed yet again in this new shooting in california just moments ago?

also: http://www.gamespot.com/news/connecticut-town-cancels-plans-to-destroy-games-6402166
PetZku
PetZku
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum