SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If i'm not getting BF3....

+13
VictorECX
Scorex_VII
EmeraldLynx
ananthaval
BeazelWeasel
Trone_Colby
SovereignSpirit
Dronir
Felixlynch777
Valerie
DeadCamper
Jammer
peacemaker_sanad
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If i'm not getting BF3.... Empty If i'm not getting BF3....

Post by peacemaker_sanad Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:49 pm

does that means am out of SoFA, or i can continue with my usual activities (e.i useless posts and all)?

I'm RPG, Action-Adventure, Hack 'n Slash and Beat 'em Up player/gamer and FPS/TPS is the least favorite gener for me so what i shall do now?

PS. I rubbed Vaseline all over myself and ready to go! let's go motherfuckers, let's work!
peacemaker_sanad
peacemaker_sanad
SoFA Sheik

Back to top Go down

If i'm not getting BF3.... Empty Re: If i'm not getting BF3....

Post by Jammer Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Yeah, it does.
Infact I'll delete your account the 2nd tuesday of next week.
Smile
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:06 am

No BF3? GTFO!

Nah, of course you can stay man, I hope it wasn't a serious question, lol.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:47 am

Wait, so I was only allowed to join the SoFA site because I own BC2?

Sad I thought it was cuz you guys liked me....
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:14 am

TBH Val most of us wish you weren't here. Your being here impedes our dirty homoerotica.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:58 am

^Hahaha, brutal! :'>
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 am

yay another RPG player. Playing through Lost Odyssey right now. It's awesome. We need a section of the site for all RPGs...
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by peacemaker_sanad Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:27 pm

JM_the_SoFA_King wrote:Yeah, it does.
Smile
KWWL, my user name is JM_the_SoFA_King and my
password is ***************************
Smile
@ Dead, i had BC2 for more than 6 months and i only logged in around 160 hours (ouch)!
@ Felix, let's pretend she's a guy O K Wink

Yep i'm RPG fan, and agreed we need a section for it (calling out Biggs)!
BTW are you gettting White Knight Chronicles II (the second game will have the first game in it as a bonus or something!)?
peacemaker_sanad
peacemaker_sanad
SoFA Sheik

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:31 pm

RPGs today=Dumbed down
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:42 pm

peacemaker_sanad wrote:
JM_the_SoFA_King wrote:Yeah, it does.
Smile
KWWL, my user name is JM_the_SoFA_King and my
password is ***************************
What exactly are you trying to say?
That was a joke you know, because there is no 2nd tuesday in a week. >_>
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 am

Felixlynch777 wrote:TBH Val most of us wish you weren't here. Your being here impedes our dirty homoerotica.

You're right, you're right. I mean, I just read another thread that was at least a full page of you guys talking about women. I thought I was lost for a second.
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by SovereignSpirit Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Val, you're here in the NotLucas group, which is admin powered, so you're under my protection. You are not going anywhere.
SovereignSpirit
SovereignSpirit
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:18 pm

peacemaker_sanad wrote:
BTW are you gettting White Knight Chronicles II (the second game will have the first game in it as a bonus or something!)?

I haven't played the first one yet. I can borrow it from a friend, but everything I read about it sounded like they had a great idea that was executed poorly. How did you like it?

Also

Felixlynch777 wrote:RPGs today=Dumbed down

I agree completely. Or they've just changed directions completely. Technically games like Fallout could be considered RPGs, but when I think of an RPG i think of the old Final Fantasies, Chrono Trigger (check the avatar), Xenogears/saga, etc. Essentially if it's turn-based I consider it a true-blue RPG. Action adventure RPGs definitely have their place as well, but I think of them as a cousin to the true RPG. Honestly Lost Odyssey is the first "real" RPG i've played in a long time, and it's amazingly well done so far. That probably has something to do with the fact that it's made by the team who made the original FF games, as well as Chrono trigger (they left square after FF9, I believe).
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trone_Colby Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:00 pm

FF13 or GTFO! SIKE!

I won't defend that piece of garbage. To think of it, the bussing out with FF13-2 WTF?!?
Trone_Colby
Trone_Colby
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Trone_Colby wrote:FF13 or GTFO! SIKE!

I won't defend that piece of garbage. To think of it, the bussing out with FF13-2 WTF?!?

There are some companies that you can almost guarantee will make amazing games. For me, Valve is one such company these days. I really don't have to wonder if their games will be good. Squaresoft used to be like this. With extremely rare exception, one could find a squaresoft game in a store and assume upon its high quality.

SquareEnix... is not. In fact for the past few years, the squarenix label has (for me) been a guarantee of mediocrity or failure. 13 is by far the largest disappointment to "grace" the FF name. I had more fun playing Crystal Chronicles for the gamecube. I'll finish 13 at some point. Once I run out of other things to play.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:11 am

Yep agreed turn based is better and more tactical. Fallout 3 and New Vegas are excellent games but the combat just seems clunky and out of place. Also it just seems as if the features and complexity of the games are toned down. Everyone said Mass Effect 2 is an excellent RPG but I'd consider it more of a third person shooter-RPG hybrid. The news from upcoming Skyrim isn't very positive either. Everything seems to be "streamlined", also known as casualised.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 am

[quote="Dronir"]
Trone_Colby wrote:There are some companies that you can almost guarantee will make amazing games. For me, Valve is one such company these days.

Rockstar Games for me.

But they don't make Arr-Pee-Gees, so up yours, and everyone else's. pirat
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 am

I love Rockstar but GTAIV was a dissapointment. Maybe because I had an insane amount of hype for it but it just doesn't compare to III, VC or SA.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by peacemaker_sanad Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:39 am

@ Jammer, relax man, there's noway anyone would have had a password consist of 25+ letters (U failed to see my joke >_<).

@Dronir, i haven't played (WKC) myself i held on getting it but def getting the second game yips, as for Lost Odyssey i believe it's being remastered for the PS3 and it's supposed to come out Q4 of this year (i'll get it by then) alongside ICO collection & the Last Guardian, and yes turn-based RPG's are the real RPG too bad we almost have non these days (i truly miss FFX) (my mom didn't allow me to start my gaming career until i hit 18, that means i'm only 4 years old now >_> so missed on alot of last-gen games <_<).

SquareSoft > Square Enix anyday!!!!!!!

ATLUS = Valve this generation, well almost.

@ Felix, custom maps/content for Skyrim on PC Very Happy

@ WRPG's are like this :
Guise with no hairs on their heads (balds), no beard, trying to act like they're dandy with some weird ass one-liner and let's face it most of them have 24 packs (not 6 packs / muscles) on them WTF.

ANDICOMPLETEDFFXIIIANDIHADTOKILLMAHRPGSELFINORDERTODOSOTHAT'SWHYIGOTBFBC2 AFTERWARD TO ESCAPE TEH NIGHTMARE FROM FFXIII WAT ABOUT U?

And it's good to know i'm not the only RPG'er over here Very Happy, and here i hope we can get along too!

Anyone tried/played Crisis Core, The 3rd Birthday or Birth By Sleep on the PSP yet?
peacemaker_sanad
peacemaker_sanad
SoFA Sheik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:43 am

If i'd known that they're planning to re-release Lost Odyssey for PS3 I might have waited, but I got it for 360 for pretty cheap.

Also in my experience, when they "remaster" or "digitalize" or "update" a game, that's code for "make it gimp". The re-release of FF6 for DS will never enter my home, because they changed spells, abilities, and I believe a bit of the story. I didn't play Disgaea, but they dumbed down the re-release of that game, and its pride was apparently the challenge. Even Chrono trigger was much easier on the DS than the original.

Atlus does make pretty good games, but there are definitely some that are less than high quality. Riviera is one of the ones I loved, but my cartridge (GBA game) had an error and wouldn't save anything after about 1/2 way through the game. then my DS got stolen.

If we get a thread for RPGs i'll make a list of older RPGs that are absolutely necessary to play. Not sure how much you've been able to catch up in the last 4 years.

I've been told that Crisis Core is amazing, but I don't have access to a PSP. I beat Kingdom hearts, Chain of Memories, and played as much as i could of Kingdom Hearts 2 before i got sick of how easy it was compared to the wonder that was KH1. That broke the series for me.

@Rockstar, The only rockstar game I've ever enjoyed was Oni. That was before the GTA games, which don't appeal to me.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Felixlynch777 wrote:I love Rockstar but GTAIV was a dissapointment. Maybe because I had an insane amount of hype for it but it just doesn't compare to III, VC or SA.

It was not a dissapointment, people were simply hyped way too much. I appreciate it for what it is and it's an awesome game. Every now and then I pop up the game and ride around with Johnny. Driving is just way too awesome in that game.
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ananthaval Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:15 pm

I put my trust in Sony Santa Monica. Also, Kojima productions and Naughty Dog.
ananthaval
ananthaval
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:44 am

BeazelWeasel wrote:
Felixlynch777 wrote:I love Rockstar but GTAIV was a dissapointment. Maybe because I had an insane amount of hype for it but it just doesn't compare to III, VC or SA.

It was not a dissapointment, people were simply hyped way too much. I appreciate it for what it is and it's an awesome game. .

I agree with both statements. IV is an awesome game, and I love the depth of it. The voice-acting is incredible. The story is good. It's one of my favorite games.

However, I think I enjoyed San Andreas the most out of the entire series. It has the best name (<3), and has the most freedom. To me, it feels so much bigger. It could just be the chaotic cityscape of IV that makes me think that way, and San Andreas had forests/deserts/etc to explore.

Regardless, Valerie_D hearts Rockstar. And their crazy glitches make her laugh until she cries.

Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by EmeraldLynx Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:03 am

I'm a big RPG fan too.

I just beat FFVII for the first time, I now see why older RPG fans have high standards.

One more thing. I beat and platinumed FFXIII. It's not as terrible as you guys make it out to be, seriously. There's plenty of more trash out in the gaming world.

*coughnewvegascough*
EmeraldLynx
EmeraldLynx
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorex_VII Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:11 pm

I loved Andreas... I miss him Sad
ANYWAYS, I liked SA the most too, and Lynx, congrats for the VII. Now try IX, my second favourite.
Scorex_VII
Scorex_VII
The Dancing Machine
The Dancing Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum