SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If i'm not getting BF3....

+13
VictorECX
Scorex_VII
EmeraldLynx
ananthaval
BeazelWeasel
Trone_Colby
SovereignSpirit
Dronir
Felixlynch777
Valerie
DeadCamper
Jammer
peacemaker_sanad
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If i'm not getting BF3.... - Page 2 Empty Re: If i'm not getting BF3....

Post by Dronir Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:52 pm

EmeraldLynx wrote:I'm a big RPG fan too.

I just beat FFVII for the first time, I now see why older RPG fans have high standards.

One more thing. I beat and platinumed FFXIII. It's not as terrible as you guys make it out to be, seriously. There's plenty of more trash out in the gaming world.

*coughnewvegascough*

Woot for VII. Not my favorite by far, but it was an extremely good game. As for XIII... refer to your previous statement. I will agree that there is a lot more trash out there in the gaming world, but standards are higher than that in the RPG world. Part of it is the fact that they put the FF title on it, which instantly demands high quality. But I guess a clear explanation as to what I hate so much about 13 is in order.

The most important thing for me in an RPG is character development. XIII had no problem with that. The second most important thing for me is battle system, and in that category it failed harder than I knew an RPG could. After about 1/2 way through the game, you stop controlling your characters. Because everything must be done so quickly due to the nature of the system, One must use auto all the time because if you don't, your character's action bar will sit there, full, waiting for you to do something, which can get you killed. The only thing you end up having control over is what paradigms are currently active, and that's not a battle system according to my standards.

Oh, and if your lead character dies you get a game over? Really? Just let me change to another character like in every other RPG of this style.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Holy shit, get your nerd talk out of here.
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:01 pm

make us an RPG section and we will!
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:08 pm

True, San Andreas was a whole different beast, but IV is still one amazing napki-- I mean, game. After recently playing VC again, though, I can't say it's that much better than IV ( III was something completely new at the time, doesn't deserve to be judged ).

It is, in fact, more limited in some portions of the game. So yeah, you could buy assets, but most were totally unrelated to the story ( and somewhat boring missions ), except for the Malibu Club ( still unrelated but cool ) and the Printing Works. After doing the missions for one asset, you were left waiting for the income so you could buy the next property, pretty much filling an empty gap with... wasted time.

As for the side missions... come on, except if you're on a tank, after getting the level 12 Vigilante bonus, would you repeat all 12 levels, all over again? For fun, I mean. Paramedic? Firefighter... yeah okay spraying shit with water is cool, but you can still do it in IV.

Yadda yadda yadda, can't be bothered to talk more, must attend my virtual dolls over The Sims 3 while PSN doesn't get back up.

BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by peacemaker_sanad Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:53 am

JM_the_SoFA_King wrote:Holy nerd, get your shit talk in here.
mmmmmmm'kay.

Anyway, i just found out that the White Knight Chronicles:Awakening of Light and Darknessis actually one game, they had to splite it up into two parts probably due to funds or something and yes it's offline (singleplayer/campaign)/online MMO with no monthly fees, which is good, but the tricky part is the servers, will NA players be ably to play with EU/ASIA regions or not? we will find out once the EU version releases May 20! JP version is already released last year, NA version will be released in August!

Tales of Graces f on the other hand feels a lot like Tales of The Abyess, which is good thing (for me anyway XD)!

If you are interested in either of the games i have mentioned, check this link out :
https://www.youtube.com/user/kirashi

Anyway back to the topic,
Bioware starting to losing their LMG PRO/1337/leet RPG skills out of late >_>
@ Dronir, at this point i don't think i can play old school RPG's due not having enough time on my hand so um moving forword and hoping they (the developers) remasters/remakes the older games for 3DS or NGP then i can enjoy them this way ^_^

Here is Crisis Core's ending (very touching):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVlAUIboWU

ALSO, WE, RPG gAmErS, Want a section for our RPG talks please (Lucas, please make a new forum for us).
RockStar one the other hand is somewhat......, better not jugde yet.

Wada really is screwing with everything >_>

Well everyone what RPG games you are going to buy this year?
Mine going to be like this (according to the system):

For PC (whenever i get it):
1.The Witchers 2
2.Dragon Age: Origins
3.The Elders Scroll V: Skyrim (one the fence).
4.Deus Ex:Human Revolution.

For PS3:
1.Disgaea 4
2.White Knight Chronicles : Awakening of Light and Darkness.

For 3DS:
1.Tales of The Abyess (PS2 port/remake)

Undecided yet >_>

What about U?

And yes i would like to know what RPG games you guys have or had from the golden days (a list of it and how much you will rate it as well)!

Much appreciated.
peacemaker_sanad
peacemaker_sanad
SoFA Sheik

Back to top Go down

Post by peacemaker_sanad Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:57 am

BeazelWeasel wrote:True, San Andreas was a whole different beast, but IV is still one amazing napki-- I mean, game. After recently playing VC again, though, I can't say it's that much better than IV ( III was something completely new at the time, doesn't deserve to be judged ).

It is, in fact, more limited in some portions of the game. So yeah, you could buy assets, but most were totally unrelated to the story ( and somewhat boring missions ), except for the Malibu Club ( still unrelated but cool ) and the Printing Works. After doing the missions for one asset, you were left waiting for the income so you could buy the next property, pretty much filling an empty gap with... wasted time.

As for the side missions... come on, except if you're on a tank, after getting the level 12 Vigilante bonus, would you repeat all 12 levels, all over again? For fun, I mean. Paramedic? Firefighter... yeah okay spraying shit with water is cool, but you can still do it in IV.

Yadda yadda yadda, can't be bothered to talk more, must attend my virtual dolls over The Sims 3 while PSN doesn't get back up.

Yep GTA III > every GTA TBH
too bad my country will ban any GTA titles from now on *it's importing time* Very Happy
peacemaker_sanad
peacemaker_sanad
SoFA Sheik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:18 pm

@ Peacemaker: I haven't really looked new RPGs much. I'm more likely to finish ones that I already have rather than buy new ones, especially since, as I've said, I prefer turn-based 10x over action RPGs. If they come out with any turn-based ones I'll definitely look them up.

As far as a list of classic RPGs that I've played, i'll stick to the well known ones, or my personal favorites:

*Final Fantasy 6 SNES (10/10)
*Final Fantasy 7 PS (9/10)
Final Fantasy 8 PS (6/10)
*Final Fantasy 9 PS (8/10)
*Final Fantasy 10 PS2 (9/10)
Final Fantasy 12 PS2 (6/10)
*Chrono Trigger (10/10)
Chrono Cross (5/10)
XenoGears (6/10) *Didn't finish*
XenoSaga (8/10)
Star Ocean (PS) (7/10) *didn't finish* (don't play SO2 first)
Star Ocean TTEOT PS2 (10/10) *didn't finish*
Lunar PS (9/10)
*Lunar 2 PS (10/10)
*Final Fantasy Tactics (9/10) *didn't finish*
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance GBA (6/10)
Valkyrie Profile (PS) (8/10) *didn't finish*

There are a few more that I can comment on, but didn't play extensively. The ones with a star in front are, in my opinion the "must play" games.

Oh, Dragon Age Origins... do NOT get it for a console. It was meant to be played on a computer and because I played it on the 360 I hated the game. The controls and menu system are terrible enough to ruin the fun. Looks like you're getting it on PC anyway, so just make sure you stick to that.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by peacemaker_sanad Sun May 01, 2011 1:21 am

Dronir wrote: If they come out with any turn-based ones I'll definitely look them up.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/strategy/disgaea-4/index.html
Disgaea 4 might be goofy kind of games but still it's quite good ask the guy with the Disgaea avatar!!

Dronir wrote:As far as a list of classic RPGs that I've played, i'll stick to the well known ones, or my personal favorites:

Dronir wrote:*Final Fantasy 6 SNES (10/10)
Will wait for a soon-to-be-annoucced from S-E.
Dronir wrote:*Final Fantasy 7 PS (9/10)
Already have it, ruined it by playing Crisis Core first!
Dronir wrote:Final Fantasy 8 PS (6/10)
I sniff it around & don't like the story :/.
Dronir wrote:*Final Fantasy 9 PS (8/10)
Awaiting PSN to get back up =/
Dronir wrote:*Final Fantasy 10 PS2 (9/10)
Already have it & like it so much Very Happy
Dronir wrote:Final Fantasy 12 PS2 (6/10)
Still better than FFXIII but the filler levels killed it for me and there's no romance & comedy through out the game :/
Dronir wrote:*Chrono Trigger (10/10)
Probably being remade for PS3/Xbox360, just a rumour though :S
Dronir wrote:Chrono Cross (5/10)
(same)
Dronir wrote:XenoGears (6/10) *Didn't finish*
(same)
Dronir wrote:XenoSaga (8/10)
(same)
Dronir wrote:Star Ocean (PS) (7/10) *didn't finish* (don't play SO2 first)
More like don't play SO4 at all, kidding!!!
Dronir wrote:Star Ocean TTEOT PS2 (10/10) *didn't finish*
Missed it and can't find it anywhere:/
Dronir wrote:Lunar PS (9/10)
I sense 3DS remakes
Dronir wrote:*Lunar 2 PS (10/10)
I sense a remake too
Dronir wrote:*Final Fantasy Tactics (9/10) *didn't finish*
Is it me or FFVII:complete is FFT remake?
Dronir wrote:Final Fantasy Tactics Advance GBA (6/10)
Knowing S-E, they will re-release it some time in the future :/
Dronir wrote:Valkyrie Profile (PS) (8/10) *didn't finish*
Can't find it anywhere :q

Dronir wrote:There are a few more that I can comment on, but didn't play extensively. The ones with a star in front are, in my opinion the "must play" games.
Yahooo, you are almost like me XD
Dronir wrote:Oh, Dragon Age Origins... do NOT get it for a console. It was meant to be played on a computer and because I played it on the 360 I hated the game. The controls and menu system are terrible enough to ruin the fun. Looks like you're getting it on PC anyway, so just make sure you stick to that.
Yes ma'am i will Surprised

EDIT:
Thank you for your honesty Dronir, i'll try my best to look and find whatever i can find from your list, just to make sure, can DS run GBA games or not? and can 3DS run DS/GBA games as well?
peacemaker_sanad
peacemaker_sanad
SoFA Sheik

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorex_VII Sun May 01, 2011 5:14 am

You could ask me about Disgaea too, not only to Lucas ( Laharl FTW), anyways Disgaea is not a game meant to everyone. Best is still the first one in terms of music, characters and story, 3 is the best in terms of gameplay and PLAAAAAA...AAAAYTIME...EEE. Lucas will know why haha.
Scorex_VII
Scorex_VII
The Dancing Machine
The Dancing Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Sun May 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Lots of re-responses @peace:

FF6: they've proven they can't re-release it w/o screwing it up. Play the SNES/PS release if at all possible. (PS is Final Fantasy Anthology)

Chrono Trigger: Play the SNES version if you can possibly find it. The PS release was okay too (Final Fantasy Chronicles). The DS version was, i'm convinced, dumbed down, plus they added in a bunch of garbage that made it a less enjoyable experience.

Lunar 1 & 2: Don't play remakes unless they say that they've changed NOTHING from the PS version. They are, after all, remakes on the PS. They were originally made on Sega CD, then remade for Sega Saturn, then remade for PS. The GBA version of Lunar 1 was apparently crap, as they changed the story a bit.

FFT: not sure if you were joking about FF7: complete, or whatever. You can get it on PSN, so pick that up since you might have a hard time finding the original disc anyway.

Valkyrie Profile: Ebay is pretty much the only place you can get the PS version. They re-released it for the PSP and added some cutscenes etc, so that would probably be an acceptable way to play it.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trone_Colby Sun May 01, 2011 5:55 pm

You do realize there was a FF10-2 right?

Yall like Xenosaga? I didn't. I thought it was wack. I bought it for 3 dollars.
Trone_Colby
Trone_Colby
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Sun May 01, 2011 6:57 pm

This > Y'all sissy japanese arr pee gee gaems.

BRING IT ON.
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Sun May 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Trone_Colby wrote:You do realize there was a FF10-2 right?

Yall like Xenosaga? I didn't. I thought it was wack. I bought it for 3 dollars.

Normally I'd respond to your first comment with "no, I don't think they ever made a sequel. It just ended at the original and that was the end of it." However, I LOVED the battle system in 10-2. The rest of the game was the first foot in the grave for square enix.

I did like xenosaga. it was definitely different, and the 3 hour cutscenes were a bit much, but overall it was fun.

@beazel: sadly the japanese seem to have forgotten how to make a good RPG anymore with rare exception. But that doesn't mean I have any direct love for american ones either. Graphics + extreme character customization + over-the-shoulder-camera sword swinging ≠ a good game. I did love mass effect though, despite the fact that it's impossible to make a good looking character.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Sun May 01, 2011 7:39 pm

That looks awesome Beazel, but I agree with Dronir that I don't care that much for extreme character customization, I'm old and it just gets confusing to me, haha.

I'm not an RPG player (I used to play desktop RPGs so you're all noobs to me!) so I might be talking out of my ass here, but I like to keep my own character rather simple while I want the game world itself and my enemies to become cooler and more complex.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Sun May 01, 2011 10:35 pm

The Witcher 2 will be the best RPG this gen. Quote me on it and buy me a plane ticket if you disagree.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Sun May 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Felixlynch777 wrote:The Witcher 2 will be the best RPG this gen. Quote me on it and buy me a plane ticket if you disagree.

Ain't you Mr. Prophet? How many other prophecies hath thou delivered to us mortals?

loljoeks but I agree. And no, I'm not quoting you. GTFO. Nothing you say is quote worthy.
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Sun May 01, 2011 11:03 pm

I give my divine prophecies only rarely. Quote me or Camper will chokeslam you.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Sun May 01, 2011 11:13 pm

If i'm not getting BF3.... - Page 2 Matt-hardy
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Sun May 01, 2011 11:26 pm

If i'm not getting BF3.... - Page 2 Dilma-ROUSSEFF-DEDO

Our president's gift to you.
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Mon May 02, 2011 12:22 am

Kate Middleton says fuck you Beazel XD.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Mon May 02, 2011 12:38 am

If i'm not getting BF3.... - Page 2 OFUCKBATMAN
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorECX Mon May 02, 2011 12:58 am

I'm not an RPG fan (Japanese or Western), but some of my favorite games happen to be RPGs.

Breath of Fire III and IV (PS)
Final Fantasy VII
Legend of Legaia (PS)
Phantasy Star IV (Sega Genesis/Megadrive)
Demon's Souls (PS3)

VictorECX
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by peacemaker_sanad Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 am

Dronir wrote:Lots of re-responses @peace:

FF6: they've proven they can't re-release it w/o screwing it up. Play the SNES/PS release if at all possible. (PS is Final Fantasy Anthology)

Chrono Trigger: Play the SNES version if you can possibly find it. The PS release was okay too (Final Fantasy Chronicles). The DS version was, i'm convinced, dumbed down, plus they added in a bunch of garbage that made it a less enjoyable experience.

Lunar 1 & 2: Don't play remakes unless they say that they've changed NOTHING from the PS version. They are, after all, remakes on the PS. They were originally made on Sega CD, then remade for Sega Saturn, then remade for PS. The GBA version of Lunar 1 was apparently crap, as they changed the story a bit.

FFT: not sure if you were joking about FF7: complete, or whatever. You can get it on PSN, so pick that up since you might have a hard time finding the original disc anyway.

Valkyrie Profile: Ebay is pretty much the only place you can get the PS version. They re-released it for the PSP and added some cutscenes etc, so that would probably be an acceptable way to play it.
First of all Ebay DON'T delivery to my country,i contacted them before no nothing.
As far as i know S-E remaked the "biscuite" out of FF series i don't even know which FF# is FF#!

Tactics Oger: Let Us CLing Together is a FF Tatics remake!

Lunar has been remaked for the PSP but most of people complaining about it being "too easy" so Lunar 1&2 PS1 version shall be DL'ed as soon as possible!

Valkyrie Profile:Lenneth, looks interesting!

So now i have to get my hands on FF6,FF9, Lunar 1&2, Valkyrie Profile & CT.

Cool, now i'm broke again LOL!
What about Vagrant Story?
peacemaker_sanad
peacemaker_sanad
SoFA Sheik

Back to top Go down

Post by peacemaker_sanad Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 am

DeadCamper wrote:That looks awesome Beazel, but I agree with Dronir that I don't care that much for extreme character customization, I'm old and it just gets confusing to me, haha.

I'm not an RPG player (I used to play desktop RPGs so you're all noobs to me!) so I might be talking out of my ass here, but I like to keep my own character rather simple while I want the game world itself and my enemies to become cooler and more complex.

^ This, i'm 22 years old but i feel the same!

To The Elder Scrolls series please take a note.
peacemaker_sanad
peacemaker_sanad
SoFA Sheik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Mon May 02, 2011 12:23 pm

I'll look into the witcher but... yeah. If you've read my posts in this thread you know action rpgs and turn-based rpgs are two different genres to me entirely.

@peace: I don't know anything about remade FF games in the sense of what you're talking about, but in my opinion, always play the original.

Vagrant Story was one of those games that I picked up back in the day solely because it had the SquareSoft label on it. I played it for about an hour and was pretty confused at the battle system. I returned it to the store mostly because I had other things to play, and didn't feel like learning the battle system (/punch kid me in the face). Essentially from what I've gathered from reviews and what friends have said about it, it's a game that Square went out on a limb by making, and people either love or hate it.

Where do you live again? If you lived closer I'd be willing to lend you my copies of a few of these games. After playing Lunar 1 and 2 I bought the box editions in mint condition, and even found and purchased the pre-release demo discs for the games. Let's just say I used to be a major collector of any rare games I could get my hands on.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum