SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2

+7
DeadCamper
palto1826
V
Reflecks
Omnirock
BeazelWeasel
Twintower415
11 posters

SoFA :: PC

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Guild Wars 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by Henk230 Wed May 02, 2012 3:54 am

Hello there guys,

I played during the BWE last weekend! I will post pics once i get home, for those interested.

They will contain spoilers for those who want to go into the world blind at launch. So ill have to figure out how to get the spoiler button in there hah. I played a human guardian , made bout 27 hours and got him to lvl 22.

I reckon i will have a larger post tommorow, where ill go into detail.

So cya guys soon!

Henk230
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed May 02, 2012 3:57 am

Awesome, looking forward to it!
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Wed May 02, 2012 3:57 am

Don't post stuff Henk. Sting will get mad and call you a troll.

P.S On a serious note get Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars Twisted Evil
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed May 02, 2012 3:58 am

Hey now, let's not make things worse...
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Wed May 02, 2012 8:59 am

Henk230 wrote:for those who want to go into the world blind at launch.

I love you

no homo
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Twintower415 Wed May 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Henk don't ruin the awesome experience for them xD

Felix I also have it, we should play it! Some of the soundtracks made me lol on Napoleon war xD
On my first match I quickly find where Napoleon is, he's black!

EDIT: I'll post 1 from W3 xD
Guild Wars 2 - Page 3 AF1A1CB0FA42A0EBD6BC11B1A6E8DD78643B0EB4
Twintower415
Twintower415
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Henk230 Thu May 03, 2012 3:07 am

This will probebly be a big post, so ill try to keep a structure more or less to make it more pleasing to read.

First off

Everything written in this post will be out of my own experiences during the BWE. Things i talk about can still be altered.
There will be quite some spoilers for those who dont want to know anything untill launch. I'll try to keep it as spoiler free as i can.

During the BWE i played with a friend, we did a marathon and made about 29 hours. The servers were down at some point, but we still got many hours in. I have about 75 screenshots taken in the game, and the graphic settings are all on medium. It was so crowded, it would stutter heavily on higher settings. But if you look at the screenshots, the game still looks great IMO on medium.

Here is the first mob i killed as a Norn guardian. (You will notice that im a human in the other pics, we started fresh once the marathon started.)
Spoiler:

First hours into the Beta Weekend Event

We had some problems getting into the same area. The overflow servers arent server specific, meaning if you picked a overflow server and tried to get in the same one.. well there are dozens of overflow servers. Tough time doing that! Due to the sheer mass of people, fights were a pain. With so many partical effect going around, everything stuttered like a boss. Quests are fun to do, and random events go off all the time. You dont start it, so it just happens. With or without you. I liked that myself.

Some pics:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Henk230
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by Henk230 Thu May 03, 2012 3:09 am

Crafting and underwater combat

Crafting is a bit different then in other games here. You dont have gathering skills that limit you. Everyone can gather materials, but you can only pick 2 professions. You dont buy new recipies, you discover them by trial and error. Its quite fun, and once you get the hang of it leveling your professions goes quite fast.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Like every weapon, skills need to be unlocked by using your weapon. This counts for underwater weapons too. Thing is, i mainly fought on land. So whenever i got under water, i didnt have any skills unlocked and i got owned. Underwater combat is fun and it works well.
Spoiler:

Skill challenges
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

BTW, the 2 empty spoilers are actually text. If you select the whole thing, youll see text.

Conclusion

I could keep talking for ages, but lets wrap it up Smile. My experience was a great, thought there were some point ArenaNet can improve. Sometimes it was hard to level, redoing the same random events wasnt that much fun and hearts cant be redone. Maybe i was doing it wrong, but i felt like there was a leveling gap before you could continue your story. Besides that and the overflow server problem and the partical effects, everything was great. I'll be playing in the next BWE, probebly a Human Engineer. If you guys like ingame pics of certain things, let me know. I have quite some left to post, but its quite a bitch to do it.

Henk230
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu May 03, 2012 5:04 am

Thanks for the effort. :>
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu May 03, 2012 9:11 am

Indeed, thanks Henk Smile.

Haha Twin it's true, it has some famous classic pieces in it that gives it a comedic air. I'll be on tonight if you want to join. Tried 198 player siege yesterday but the FPS was rather choppy Sad
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

SoFA :: PC