SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips needed.

+5
Shindib
DeadCamper
Biggles
RatedStinger
calhoun
9 posters

Go down

Tips needed. Empty Tips needed.

Post by calhoun Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm in a rut and I need some tips on something. I have 2 goals in mind before BF3 is released.

1. Reach Rank 50 by October 25.

2. Platinum the Hk416.

I'm currently a Rank 33 with a Score per Minute of a pathetic 150. Main reason for that low ass SpM is the fact that almost no one I run into accepts ammo boxes making it very hard to rack up points while trying to get 1000 kills with the 416. Any tips on how to get a higher SPM and a recommended load-out for the 416?
calhoun
calhoun
The Whiny Bitch Who Left
The Whiny Bitch Who Left

http://madara-13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Tips needed. Empty Re: Tips needed.

Post by RatedStinger Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:17 pm

The first goal might be difficult, if not impossible to do. As for the M416, I don't really use it, but I normally slap 4x/Magnum on the weapon if I'm not comfortable with it.
RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by calhoun Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:19 pm

That what I used to run but it proved too difficult to battle CQC with it.
calhoun
calhoun
The Whiny Bitch Who Left
The Whiny Bitch Who Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggles Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Biggles' pro assault tips:

First off, none of the ARs need an RDS. You'll find, after the first Gold Star (if not earlier), all of the irons are easy to adjust to. Especially the M416's. Those are about as awesome as irons get.

So ask yourself: what is assault intended to do?

That's right. Kick ass and chew bubble gum. And hopefully, run out of gum so that asskicking becomes the primary focus.

The kit I always used with assault was grenade upgrade and Mag Ammo.

Grenade upgrade is important to have on Assault, especially if you plan to use the standard Grenade Launcher. 40 MM grenades recharge VERY slowly, and as such, I like to start out with 4 grenades, rather than 2.

And if I can't think of something good to put in the 2nd spec slot, I default to Magnum. Doing more damage never hurts (well, it doesn't hurt YOU, at least). Some people prefer body armor, and if you're one of those people, go for it. I don't think you need body armor if you play it relatively smart (if you play unlike me) and take advantage of health regen.

The M416 is a very versatile weapon. It's the kind of gun I might actually equip the tracer as my secondary for, since the M416 doesn't really have a weak range. And everyone loves tracers. Especially enemy wookiees.

As far as SPM goes, what increased mine was changing my playstyle. The more aggressive you are, the higher your SPM will be. I charge straight for objectives pretty much constantly, most of my kills are made at point-blank range. And instead of dropping ammo boxes and worrying about points from your teammates, try dropping ammo boxes by friendly objectives. That's where your team will be most frequently during the game. They'll get supplied whether they like it or not.
Biggles
Biggles
Notorious B.I.G.gles

https://sofaforum.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by calhoun Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Thank you Biggles. I've already got around 750 kills with the 416, but it seems to be killing slower now =\
calhoun
calhoun
The Whiny Bitch Who Left
The Whiny Bitch Who Left

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm platting the M416 right now, I'm also around 700-800 kills. I use magnum ammo and the 40mm shotgun and to me it totally kicks ass. I do pretty/very good even on CQC maps like Arica where everyone is running auto shotguns. Maybe you just need some friends in your squad/team.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shindib Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm level 41 right now I think and I'd like to try and make a charge for 50. I'll try and start getting on more often and group up with you. My SPM is low mainly because I used to spend a lot of time as a bush wookie in hardcore when no one was online to play normal with (M24 is Plat with 1001 kills). I've been playing Engy a lot lately working on getting the Specact UMP close to Plat (I think its maybe Gold 7 right now). I may abandon that mission soon and start playing mainly Assault to try and start upping my SPM when I'm playing. I need to get into the habit of dropping ammo though.

Shindib
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by calhoun Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Nah, the CQC issue is only when running the x4 sights, it takes too long to move the crosshairs from one person to the next.

Sounds good Shin
calhoun
calhoun
The Whiny Bitch Who Left
The Whiny Bitch Who Left

Back to top Go down

Post by RatedStinger Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm just saying, it worked fine for me..............when I don't get a hit detection fail.
RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Everything Biggles said. I always rolled with Grenade upgrade + Magnum on assault. And you really don't need 4x on the M416, at all. But then again I hate the 4x. The extra zoom makes the recoil more noticeable, so I can't snipe bitches that well with it ( ironic, no? ), not to mention scopes take away from the feel of the gun... if I slap a 4x everything, I feel like I'm always shooting the same weapon. Same goes for the RDS.
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by TrgaDaBest Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:04 pm

The 416 is one of the best guns in the game, you should have no problem racking up kills. Drop that 4x and learn to use the irons, they are pretty good on that gun.
I usually run around with Lightweight and Magnum ammo, cause I run around a lot and I don't use grenades too often, unless I am playing on Arica.

As for the Resupply issue... Don't wait on people to take your box. Run around the map and drop them in hot spots or around campers, cause they ain't going nowhere. You're not going to score a ridiculous amount of points with this either, if you resupply constantly they stop giving you points for it, so don't expect it to be your saving grace.

And I highly doubt you will reach level 50 by then, unless you play around the clock like a sleepless lunatic for the next few months.
TrgaDaBest
TrgaDaBest
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by calhoun Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:47 pm

TrgaDaBest wrote:The 416 is one of the best guns in the game, you should have no problem racking up kills. Drop that 4x and learn to use the irons, they are pretty good on that gun.
I usually run around with Lightweight and Magnum ammo, cause I run around a lot and I don't use grenades too often, unless I am playing on Arica.

As for the Resupply issue... Don't wait on people to take your box. Run around the map and drop them in hot spots or around campers, cause they ain't going nowhere. You're not going to score a ridiculous amount of points with this either, if you resupply constantly they stop giving you points for it, so don't expect it to be your saving grace.

And I highly doubt you will reach level 50 by then, unless you play around the clock like a sleepless lunatic for the next few months.

Yeah, I think I'm going to give up on reaching 50 as I'll likely drop BC2 when BF3 arrives.

I'll try out lightweight as I don't use grenades either.
calhoun
calhoun
The Whiny Bitch Who Left
The Whiny Bitch Who Left

Back to top Go down

Post by SovereignSpirit Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 pm

416? Why you no ask me? Its best at close/medium to medium/long ranges. The irons are easy sauce. Run it like Biggles said, but use the 40mm shotty like Dead said. The 40mm is a great back up or primary weapon. Never get into CQB situations. If you do, never aim! Use the crosshairs. Trust me. Cool
SovereignSpirit
SovereignSpirit
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by calhoun Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:34 am

Seriously, thanks guys.
calhoun
calhoun
The Whiny Bitch Who Left
The Whiny Bitch Who Left

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:37 am

This might not suit everyones playstyle, but I never aim down sights unless it's long range, lol... It sounded like you were scoping in CQC with a 4x M416? Well, that would probably be your problem right there...

Circle strafe and hip fire, circle strafe and hip fire, suddenly you're winning every one-on-one CQC.
Most guys just fucking stop, take aim, and start shooting when they see you, it's so easy to circle strafe around them while firing, gets em "every" time.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shindib Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:35 pm

I've gotten so used to using the Red Dot on every gun that I've never actually tried out the Iron Sights on most of the weapons. It wasn't until last night that I took the Red Dot off of the M4 and found out how unbelievably amazing its Iron Sights really are! I'm still amazed that I just found this out last night. I'm level 42! They are better than the G3 even! Love em.

Shindib
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ErJ Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:34 am

I noticed that 4x Optics are a great attachment for ALL assault rifles. Bursting instead of holding down the fire button is also something everyone should learn.

MAG ammo is okay, but I rather have it set to weapon stability (Well that's just me). Also, always have a handy secondary. When you're out of ammo, rape your triangle button and bring out the hurt. I use the M1911 or the MP-Rex Revolver.

And as stated before, the more aggressive you play, the more Score Per Minute you'll get. I also noticed that it's really easy to get points by being a medic. Don't like the LMG's? Use a M1A1 Thompson or the G3. Great weapon alternates.

Also, the M416 is mostly a gun for long range fights. But if it gets to CQC, try and fire from the hip instead of ADSing.

ErJ
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by calhoun Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:44 pm

ErJ wrote:I noticed that 4x Optics are a great attachment for ALL assault rifles. Bursting instead of holding down the fire button is also something everyone should learn.

MAG ammo is okay, but I rather have it set to weapon stability (Well that's just me). Also, always have a handy secondary. When you're out of ammo, rape your triangle button and bring out the hurt. I use the M1911 or the MP-Rex Revolver.

And as stated before, the more aggressive you play, the more Score Per Minute you'll get. I also noticed that it's really easy to get points by being a medic. Don't like the LMG's? Use a M1A1 Thompson or the G3. Great weapon alternates.

Also, the M416 is mostly a gun for long range fights. But if it gets to CQC, try and fire from the hip instead of ADSing.

About the 4x Optics, they would be fine, except they take too long to ADS with it attached and takes too long to move from target to target within 25m.

About the Assault Marksman Training is that none of the Marksman Training specializations work while there is an optic on the gun, so using that with the 4x optics is doing nothing but wasting a specialization.

Probably should have mentioned on the forum, but I platted the M416 and am now working on the 870, to great effect.
calhoun
calhoun
The Whiny Bitch Who Left
The Whiny Bitch Who Left

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down