SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickscoping Tips

+14
Jammer
BeazelWeasel
juiceeyjuice
Decitron
ananthaval
Trone_Colby
Scorex_VII
DeadCamper
EmeraldLynx
palto1826
dreamsync
Felixlynch777
Dronir
TheAmazingWho?
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Quickscoping Tips Empty Quickscoping Tips

Post by TheAmazingWho? Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:35 am

I see you guys doing pretty well, with it, any tips I could use? I'd like to learn this "mystical" technique. I usually use the M24 w/ 4x.

TheAmazingWho?
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Tips Empty Re: Quickscoping Tips

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 am

Winning combination. M24 was awesome following the GOL, and the 4x is awesome. You tend to be a pretty accurate shot, but it's strange going from accuracy with a machine gun to accuracy with a rifle. The whole "don't miss or you're screwed" thing is interesting.

It just takes practice. And I need to add your new PSN.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 am

Add me too Napkin, I want genesis on mah account.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsync Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:48 am

I don't know about the 4X, lately I've been using stock scopes and I forget how I used to play with the 4X, I'll be releasing a vid soon to go over some quick/no scopes tips and strats.

dreamsync
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 am

dreamsync wrote:I don't know about the 4X, lately I've been using stock scopes and I forget how I used to play with the 4X, I'll be releasing a vid soon to go over some quick/no scopes tips and strats.

That's funny. Now that I use the 4x I forget how I ever used the stock scope. You can be just as accurate with the 4x at long range a lot of the time, because it seems like the game compensates for not being able to zoom in as far. I've counter-sniped people on sniper hill in Arica harbor many times with the 4x, and gotten headshots more easily because of the game's compensation.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsync Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:23 am

Yeah the 4X can be beast while in hands of the right player, I remember you pulling some good shots off on me a while back even while I was running around, it's all about practice and SDM makes the best environment for it.

dreamsync
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:44 am

Practice really is the important thing. I find that i'm better at 4x sniping, or run-and-gun sniping when i'm practiced at ranged sniping. Making sure you're pointed in the right direction at all times is so key, since you have so little room for error.

Lately though i've been using C4 in CQC, and though my suicide rates have skyrocketed, I've had plenty of kills that have made me stop and laugh. C4 is now an integral part of 4x sniping for me.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by palto1826 Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:47 am

i went and attempted quickscoping for a while and got ok at it (i preferred the stock scope) but then i decided to use the shotguns with slugs and liked that much more and i seemed quicker at that
palto1826
palto1826
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:06 am

I like to be able to actually snipe, for the most part. I don't like being called a "quickscoper" since mostly what I do is snipe at short range, and keep moving. 9 times out of 10, I take the time to take aim for headshots rather than get close enough for the one-hit-kill range.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by EmeraldLynx Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:59 am

Don't go for no-scopes unless you have to. If you have the time to pull your scope up and aim, then take the time to.

If you're close, tap L1 right before you pull the trigger to get the accuracy of zooming in.
EmeraldLynx
EmeraldLynx
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:01 pm

EmeraldLynx wrote:If you're close, tap L1 right before you pull the trigger to get the accuracy of zooming in.

My problem is, I do that but half the time I still miss, since I'm not centered on the guy. >_>
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EmeraldLynx Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Same here. That's why I think using slugs post-patch is a bit easier.
EmeraldLynx
EmeraldLynx
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Yeah, slugs feel a lot easier to me too.

I keep hearing people say quick-scoping is too easy and all that, that you just have to tap aim and fire at the same time, but lol, actually centering the screen on an enemy when you're in a hectic fire fight isn't easy in my opinion. D:
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorex_VII Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:16 pm

DeadCamper wrote:Yeah, slugs feel a lot easier to me too.

I keep hearing people say quick-scoping is too easy and all that, that you just have to tap aim and fire at the same time, but lol, actually centering the screen on an enemy when you're in a hectic fire fight isn't easy in my opinion. D:

It's not. They are either jelly or butthurt, but i can say it's really annoying to be killed over and over by one lol. But it feels so awesome Cool
And i suck with slugs, and do very well with sniper rifles and a 4X while "quickscoping"... weird huh?
Scorex_VII
Scorex_VII
The Dancing Machine
The Dancing Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by EmeraldLynx Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:45 pm

I do okay with both. Last night I tried LW/Body Armor with the NS2K. I would pump cancel and it did wonders. Magnum and BA both have good upsides.
EmeraldLynx
EmeraldLynx
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Trone_Colby Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Quickscoping is for pussies.

So with that said...

LMAO!

You know I'm bullshittin. Do what you do.
Trone_Colby
Trone_Colby
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:27 pm

DeadCamper wrote:

Agree completely. Luckily I'm a pretty good aim. My problem is that I'm not as aware of my surroundings as some of you guys are, so I have to compensate for it by being able to kill a guy the second I DO see him. If he didn't plant his knife in my back first :(
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ananthaval Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 pm

I can't handle how they made sg slugs after the patch. B4 patch I cld rape with it cuz of how fast it went into the zoomed state. I platted the 870 exclusively on slugs. Now it's just too slow for me. However I have learned how to use buckshot pretty well since then tho the hit detection annoys me.
ananthaval
ananthaval
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Decitron Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:07 pm

what makes the GOL the best for this? Is it the accuracy?

because looking at things, the SV98 has a faster rechamber and 10 round mag.

plus, from the charts the amp is the only difference in the rifles, but since theres rechamber, does it even matter?
Decitron
Decitron
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by EmeraldLynx Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:12 pm

SV98 is the best quickscoping rifle statistically.
EmeraldLynx
EmeraldLynx
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by juiceeyjuice Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:13 pm

I have a question what is with all the qscoping topics lately its like it has turned into the "thing" to do in battlefield now >_> anyways here are a few tips that I can give for doing it with a regular scope (I know I started out with it but I still don't approve the use of 4x when qscoping and I wont even get on the subject of RDS >_> )

Fuzzy's tips on Quick scoping W/ a stock scope

1. Start to aim at your target before you scope in, now this isn't as important at a longer distance (i.e. drag scoping) but in a CqB environment its integral to do it as in TURN YOUR SENSITIVITY UP I make mistakes occasionally and fail to pre-aim properly and then I get screwed over cause I tried to drag scope two feet away.

2. Play it safe, your not going to be able to get anywhere any time soon if your just starting out Qscoping with a stock scope and running around like its MW2. Judge the situation before you enter it and PLAY IT SMART if your losing the fight run away.

3. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT run right around the corner of a building you do not know how many times you will get destroyed cause you were caught surprise by a group of chatty kathy's (aka camper's).

4. USE your terrain like seriously use it, if you are losing a fight run away (only if you have a wall or something to go behind) now this is just standard to learn for all classes but you will really need it for Qscoping. Now arica conquest is a great map to do this on (especially in the main town).

5. Do calisthenics's and what I mean by that is jump, crouch, jump crouch. Now you may say this isn't halo guess what I DON'T CARE it work's and you don't know how many lol kills you will get with it. Besides it throw's off the enemy extremely (like seriously how many games do you see a jumping wookie in your face?) and seriously jump if you are losing a firefight but cant find terrain jump and I mean jump like a Micheal Jordan free throw line dunk. JUMP and crouch also.

6. Find the rifle you like, on my fuzzy account I used the crap out of the SV98 what's not to love a large clip size, fast reload and not bad on accuracy (highly recommend it for begginer's) but alas I have fallen in love with the GOL its a guranteed OHK at almost long range (once you become experianced with Qscoping and drag scoping) and at long range its accurate enough and the drop is easy enough to judge to get head shot's constantly, but only use it once you become very experianced with Qscoping. Now I just reccomend the SV98 for begginer's cause its easy to handle and not a bad rifle all around. Like I said if you dont like the SV98 starting out find something you do like its all about what you feel comfortable with.

Now this is all I feel like posting for now (without making a full blown strat guide for Qscoping) if you want to napkin just ask me for some help with it, and anyone else for that matter just add Furry_Named_Fuzz or Rival_Xclusive if you want some training with it.

juiceeyjuice
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:42 pm

statistically, the SV98 is indeed the best. But i'm personally much better with the GOL, plus its accuracy helps tremendously when you're actually SNIPING, not just tapping L1 and watching things fall down (over-statement of ease).
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by juiceeyjuice Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Dronir wrote:statistically, the SV98 is indeed the best. But i'm personally much better with the GOL, plus its accuracy helps tremendously when you're actually SNIPING, not just tapping L1 and watching things fall down (over-statement of ease).

Dronir I snipe also and quite a bit at that >_> what I mean is with a GOL you can still pretty much guarantee a kill at the longer ranges. Whilst the SV98 seem's to lack that abillity

juiceeyjuice
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:09 pm

Why don't you, and others, "approve" of using a 4x/RDS? This is where the Pedram "everything is scrubby" mentality comes in. Why should anyone intentionally make it harder for themselves?
I get that you can free up that 4x slot for another Spec, and I get that some guys are really good and want to challenge themselves, but that's up to the player, why judge them?

Also, if your problem is realism, that part also kinda goes out the window. A lot of hunters use ACOGs and Red Dots on bolt actions, they practice endlessly on how to basically "shoot by instinct" on fast moving targets like wild boar in closer quarters. You could call that "quick scoping", and no hunter would use a scope with high magnification in those situations.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:17 pm

juiceeyjuice wrote:
Dronir I snipe also and quite a bit at that >_> what I mean is with a GOL you can still pretty much guarantee a kill at the longer ranges. Whilst the SV98 seem's to lack that abillity

bah, was responding to a post above you. I agree completely. the SV98 is just above the M95 in terms of my quickscoping favorites (m95 being the bottom). I learned with the GOL and mastered it with the M24. What you said about the GOL is why I love it so much.

Though I do agree with DeadCamper. I have a much better time using the 4x. Keeps me alive much more often in CQC, and it's still just as accurate at long range on the GOL.

Great guide post. We should go snipe sometime.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next