SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickscoping Tips

+14
Jammer
BeazelWeasel
juiceeyjuice
Decitron
ananthaval
Trone_Colby
Scorex_VII
DeadCamper
EmeraldLynx
palto1826
dreamsync
Felixlynch777
Dronir
TheAmazingWho?
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Quickscoping Tips - Page 2 Empty Re: Quickscoping Tips

Post by juiceeyjuice Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:43 pm

DeadCamper wrote:Why don't you, and others, "approve" of using a 4x/RDS? This is where the Pedram "everything is scrubby" mentality comes in. Why should anyone intentionally make it harder for themselves?
I get that you can free up that 4x slot for another Spec, and I get that some guys are really good and want to challenge themselves, but that's up to the player, why judge them?

Also, if your problem is realism, that part also kinda goes out the window. A lot of hunters use ACOGs and Red Dots on bolt actions, they practice endlessly on how to basically "shoot by instinct" on fast moving targets like wild boar in closer quarters. You could call that "quick scoping", and no hunter would use a scope with high magnification in those situations.

Camper its my opinion and I am entitled to it, I don't hate people who use the acog I just don't agree with it. That is all

juiceeyjuice
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Yeah, I never said you're not entitled to it, I'm trying to discuss it, like two people who have different opinions about something typically do.

Why don't you agree with it, taking into account the points I made in my previous post?
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by juiceeyjuice Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:05 pm

I don't agree with it cause people that do qscope with a regular scope typically are not going zomg leet leet. When in reality its harder to do it with said regular scope. Now more people are typical to go zomg leet leet when they use a acog when in reality its extremely to use.

juiceeyjuice
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:16 pm

So we agree? It's easier to quick-scope with a 4x, right? That to me is a good reason to use one, to make it easier and more effective.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by zomg leet leet, are you saying that the reason you dislike the 4x is because of some imaginary annoying attitude you believe those players to have? Is that the... only reason?

I'm not trying to offend you here, but it just seems to me that some of the recent 4x haters don't really have an argument for their opinion, they just think people who use anything less than a stock scope are noobs. And that's it.
To me "Lol ur a noob" isn't an argument. Why make shooting an enemy harder than it has to be?

If you're good enough to quick-scope with a stock scope then more power to you, but the rest of us mortals have a hard time even doing it with a 4x. Don't assume everyone is as good as you.

On the other hand, I very much appreciate the tips you've given in this thread. I need all the help I can get!
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by juiceeyjuice Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:40 pm

DeadCamper wrote:So we agree? It's easier to quick-scope with a 4x, right? That to me is a good reason to use one, to make it easier and more effective.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by zomg leet leet, are you saying that the reason you dislike the 4x is because of some imaginary annoying attitude you believe those players to have? Is that the... only reason?

I'm not trying to offend you here, but it just seems to me that some of the recent 4x haters don't really have an argument for their opinion, they just think people who use anything less than a stock scope are noobs. And that's it.
To me "Lol ur a noob" isn't an argument. Why make shooting an enemy harder than it has to be?

If you're good enough to quick-scope with a stock scope then more power to you, but the rest of us mortals have a hard time even doing it with a 4x. Don't assume everyone is as good as you.

On the other hand, I very much appreciate the tips you've given in this thread. I need all the help I can get!

Look I could care less if the next guy uses a acog (or even the RDS >_>) what is troublesome is, when someone say's that they can quick scope when they are only using a acog when in reality they are looking down a shortened scope basically then you could say I am quick scoping with the M16. Its the definition that I think troubles the most, with people who do quick scope using a regular scope cause then that makes them in their opinion think they are making it look easier then it really is. Now I don't haze people for it I move on and teabag the guy or gal in the game when given the opportune moment. Now I don't think they are noob's cause in fact most of my friends fancy using a 4x on a rifle and going banshee on peoples faces. I don't think they are noob's cause I know they are more skill full then I in other aspect's of the game. You are making out that I am like pedram here, when in reality I may joke with a person but I don't go around saying hey so and so is just a complete inbred noob that need's to sell the game. Also that's what I think is a misconception about people who quick scope. Most people think that they are pure elitest and just think everyone is below them, when that is quite wrong lol.

juiceeyjuice
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Wall 'o text hurts the eyes. But your point is made more clear. All things considered it comes down to a matter of preference. If you're able to keep moving while using the stock scope, as Camper said, more power to you. I prefer the 4x for various reasons. I do understand what you mean about people thinking they're amazing because they can "quickscope", and they are frustrating. Yet when it comes down to it, the people who tap L1 and those of us who are more of snipers who are constantly on the move have our differences celebrated by our names being first in the kill log.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Ok, thank you for clarifying that, because honestly I've never quite understood what the problem is.
I kinda get what you mean by the "quick scoping with the M16" comparison, even though I don't think that's completely accurate since no matter what scope you use on a sniper rifle you still only have one shot, and if you miss you're dead.

You might be right, it may be a definition problem. In your opinion quick-scoping has to do with the scope, to me it's more about "you only have one shot and you better not miss".

We may not completely agree, but at least now I understand your point. Cheers.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:02 pm

qscoping scrubs, y'all need to bunny hop and spam lmgs like a bawse
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Beazel.... Your sig freaks me out every time I see it. Every. Time. I. See. It.

And for some reason I have to watch it 3-4 times through every time.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Hahaw, glad it's workin'.

Now something cool:

Quickscoping Tips - Page 2 Gatodebotas
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Guys, know what'd solve all our troubles? A sniper rifle with a 40mm shotgun attachment. elephant
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Dronir wrote:Beazel.... Your sig freaks me out every time I see it. Every. Time. I. See. It.

And for some reason I have to watch it 3-4 times through every time.
Agreed.
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:22 pm

I also have a similar perverse obsession with Beazel's sig.

And whenever I use a sniper rifle I use the SV98 and RDS and the GOL with lightweight. I don't really care what Kobra Kai says, he is an idiot that thinks magnum with an SMG is overpowered for God's sake. I do treasure the hatemail he sent me once.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by palto1826 Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:04 am

I found quickscoping easier for me with the stock scope and the reason for me is I usually try and center the enemy on my screen before zooming and then I can make smaller adjustments with my sight once I have zoomed and with the higher zoom scope the enemy takes up more of the screen thus making it easier...for me...i do understand being annoyed with the people that brag about being awesome at quickscoping but I feel the same about anyone who sits and brags about anything (bragging is ok but when its done constantly is when it gets annoying) and either whether the person is using the stock scope, 4x, or the rds, its still bolt action...be glad they arent semi-auto one hit kills
palto1826
palto1826
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:26 am

palto1826 wrote:I found quickscoping easier for me with the stock scope and the reason for me is I usually try and center the enemy on my screen before zooming and then I can make smaller adjustments with my sight once I have zoomed and with the higher zoom scope the enemy takes up more of the screen thus making it easier...for me...

I actually like the 4x for the same reason, but from the other side of it I guess. I find that my sensitivity (about 2/3 to max) doesn't move fast enough when i'm using the stock scope, but it does with the 4x. If i didn't have the sensitivity issue, I'd probably give the stock scope more of a chance.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:02 am

It'd be neat if you could buy some attachement for the dualshock 3 to instantly change sensitivity settings. My PC mouse has 5 settings, I have it on high for Close quarters, medium-high for my usual setting, low for long shots and really low for sniping.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by palto1826 Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:04 am

yeah...i try to not rely on aim while scoped in cause it is a littlw slower so to do the big compensation I don't aim down the sights till the enemy is centered on my screen
palto1826
palto1826
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:10 am

Felixlynch777 wrote:It'd be neat if you could buy some attachement for the dualshock 3 to instantly change sensitivity settings.

That sounds like a really good idea. That might be one of my problems, I refuse to constantly tamper with my sensitivity.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by omarionfire Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:37 am

campa just put your sensitivity at the highest it can be. Or at least thats what i did.
Just gradually increase it, if you can't handle the quick movements after a increase.
omarionfire
omarionfire
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Decitron Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:16 am

so, is the RDS even easier than the 4x?
Decitron
Decitron
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by juiceeyjuice Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Decitron wrote:so, is the RDS even easier than the 4x?

yes like ridiculously easy lol

juiceeyjuice
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronir Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Decitron wrote:so, is the RDS even easier than the 4x?

but not as good at ranged shots. Always a tradeoff.
Dronir
Dronir
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsync Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:18 pm

I recommend the 4X. Good from distance and once you get the hang of quickscoping with it it's lethal.

dreamsync
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Faithkeeper Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:22 pm

As for tips and such, the very biggest thing for my quick scoping is the motion mines. Knowing where, or even about where an enemy is really helps me place a better shot and get that hit I need to kill. If I'm not ready I might need to rush a shot if I want a shot at all, and that will make you miss more. Everything else seems to have been covered.

I use either 4x or stock. I go for stock more to avoid the negative stigma than anything really, but it does give me a slightly different playstyle, and I haven't decided which I actually do better with.
Faithkeeper
Faithkeeper
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorex_VII Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:33 am

I use my sniper rifles with the 4X, i kick ass with it, i receive hate mail doing it, and i brag about it...
OMG
Quickscoping Tips - Page 2 Noob
Elitism at his best lol Sad
Scorex_VII
Scorex_VII
The Dancing Machine
The Dancing Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down