SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aATTNn: NotLucas

+2
ananthaval
DeadCamper
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

aATTNn: NotLucas Empty aATTNn: NotLucas

Post by DeadCamper Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:04 am

So I've platinumed pretty much every AR, got done with the F2000 last night. Decided to pick up the AUG which I only have ~100 kills with, thought it'd be pretty similar to the F2000 and that the transition would be smooth.

The AUG has terrible long range accuracy! I could see the bullets spray all over the place while ADSing!
The F2000 seems like a veritable sniper rifle in comparison. D:

So, I've seen you praise this AR all over the place. I need tips. NAO.
Oh and yes, I naturally use the 40mm shotgun attachment and magnum.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

aATTNn: NotLucas Empty Re: aATTNn: NotLucas

Post by ananthaval Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:33 am

I platted the aug as well. For the first 200 kills it was damn near inpossible to use. And the sound it made was annoying too. But then i put a rds on it and it worked much better. Then i switched to the 4x scope after bout 500 kills and found it working amazingly. Just tap fire in bursts of about 3 bullets at long range. Aim at about tgeir chest height and fire bursts for long range accuracy. The aug became my fastest AR plat. Bout 13 hours i think.
ananthaval
ananthaval
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflecks Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:38 am

The AUG was the only AR i used till i got the m416, i thought it was amazing o.0.

That said, yeah the 4x scope helps a lot. The gun works dam good hipfiring at closer ranges. And yeah hes right quick bursts. I havent used it in a while so I can't really remember but i just tapped the trigger repeatedly at long range. I tried for 2rounds a burst.
Reflecks
Reflecks
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:43 am

The thing is, I always tap fire. The F2000 isn't exactly known for being a long range beast, but with tap fire it was light years better at long range.
When tap firing in short bursts with the AUG, I could literally see the bullets spray around the target. :S
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflecks Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:45 am

Really? Hmm i dunno like i said i havent used it in a while, next time i get on ill try and pick it up again, so i can give you my protips Wink
Reflecks
Reflecks
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:50 am

Maybe I was just unlucky, laggy server or something. I'll keep on trucking and see what happens. :>
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by palto1826 Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:14 pm

yeah...not really my favorite class to play as but the aug is my fav...and anan...the sound is awesome (at least i like it in my headset)...by far my favorite ar...i run mine with the 4x scope...funny thing is that i switched from the f2000 to the aug and it seemed like the aug killed much faster...all in all thats why i love this game...everyone has their favorites and they are all equal some way or another
palto1826
palto1826
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ananthaval Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:16 pm

I dont like the sound...it just doesnt sound as powerful as the other ARs. But srsly it takes a lil time to get used to. Once u do, u'll be lethal with it. And make sure to use the hipfire at close range like reflecks said. Or try starting off with an rds and then switching to 4x
ananthaval
ananthaval
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by SovereignSpirit Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 pm

The AUG is really good at close range and that is where I hang. Its good at a close to medium with aiming, but just outside of knife range its great with hipfiring. Problem is in full auto it tends to spray everywhere. (Hint thats why its better used up close) Now for longer ranges, as long as you're bursting it, you'll be fine. One of my favorite things on that gun is the irons. I never put any scope on it and I could after taming the beast, easily take out long range targets.

The AUG is like a bull at a rodeo. You just have to learn how to stay on for the 8 seconds. Hard to do, but if you can, its worth the work.
SovereignSpirit
SovereignSpirit
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by RatedStinger Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:47 pm

RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:53 am

Stinger. <3

To the rest of you: The thing that's discouraging about your tips is that that's how I already play. D:
So, hopefully it was just lag... :/
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by SovereignSpirit Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Some guns fit some people while others don't. I went from the F2000 thinking, this is awesome. I'll use it when I finish platting everything and then I picked up the AUG. I ripped through enemies left and right. It seemed like I was unstoppable with it. It was just the right fit for me.
SovereignSpirit
SovereignSpirit
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm sure I'm just exaggerating it in my mind. With almost all ARs platinumed, AUG is the one I've used the least with 100 something kills. I was probably just unfamiliar with it.

But it does say a lot about the game, the guns are just pixels on the screen, but they've managed to pull off the individual feel of them all to the point that they, as you said, fit different people. It's not just about sterile stats like ammo capacity or damage etc. Pretty cool.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by SovereignSpirit Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:51 pm

I know, I have always been impressed with the "feel" of the guns and always hated the M14.
SovereignSpirit
SovereignSpirit
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ananthaval Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:08 pm

While we're on the subject of platting ARs. Any tips on platting the m16. I'm absolutely horeible with it rite. Half the shots i fire seem useless cuz the 3 shot bursts are so inaccurate.
ananthaval
ananthaval
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflecks Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:29 pm

uhhhm, i play with all the guns basically the same way. M16 with the 4x scope (or iron sights, i dont like the rds on it) at long range basically just tap the fire button as fast as you can. It doesn't feel like very heavy recoil to me.

Close range, tap away but hipfire.

You can get pretty fast rate of fire with the burst guns.
Reflecks
Reflecks
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 am

It's the opposite for me when it comes to the M16.
I've noticed that if you just calm down, try not to stress out, and take your time with the bursts it kills very efficiently. Aim down sights, burst, pause, burst = dead enemy.
The faster I pull the trigger the more spread I seem to get.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:09 am

Also, I never use 4x on any AR, can't stand it...
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflecks Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:47 am

really? With most guns im the same way. Take it nice and slow. But the m16 has like no recoil so i can pretty much shoot as fast as possible and get away with it.
Doin that on like the an-97, hell no.

Really? I love the 4x. The iron sights on most of them are clean, so the rds feels unnecessary to me, and the 4x makes the long distance headshots easier (just put the hat on him cheers )
Reflecks
Reflecks
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am

I lol'd at "put the hat on him". XD
No but the 4x makes the recoil too evident in my opinion, the thing jumps around and messes up my shots. I feel I can kill easier at long range using irons.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflecks Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:53 am

yeah the scope does make it more recoil more noticeable than irons, With irons though at long range, i dunno how to describe it without sounding retarded but...

If im far enough i "lose" the guy behind my irons lol. Some of the taller/wider irons cover up the guy and then i dunno if im shooting at his head, above his head or what. lol.
Reflecks
Reflecks
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 am

Yup. I'm mostly a close quarters guy, hence the pump shotgun overkill. But recently when I decided to start plating all ARs I stopped rushing as much and decided to try out the RDS for a bit. And it actually helps me get a couple more kills per match.
RDS resolves what you're describing, but at the same time doesn't bring the same defects as I described the 4x having.

Once I'm done plating my ARs I'm going back to irons again though, but the RDS isn't half bad.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by SovereignSpirit Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:30 pm

I can't stand the M16. I can say its the one AR I dislike.
SovereignSpirit
SovereignSpirit
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflecks Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:44 pm

You're right in that it helps on both accounts, but id rather not have the middle ground. With practice irons are just as good as rds at close range, meaning i can put a different perk in that slot, and the isn't as good as the 4x for range (for me).

This is only on assault rifles by the way, for lmgs and some smgs ill go with the rds every time. I just don't use sights that much at close range, and i find the 4x the best for long range. rds is a happy medium though.

I like the m16, but its wierd, when i pick it up ill do great with it for a couple days and then all of a sudden it feels like it won't kill for me. So ill switch to the m416, and the same happens so i switch back lol. It just has so little recoil for its rate of fire, i find it hard not to love.
Reflecks
Reflecks
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:01 pm

Lol, this is so funny, we're like opposites. I'd never put optics on a SMG or a LMG. :>
I've always been one of those "Lol optics are for scrubs, lrn2ironsight" guys, so using RDS on my ARs now is a strange move for me.

Btw, I hip fire at everything, even at mid range lol...
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next