SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TotalBiscuit criticizes Skyrim UI

+2
Felixlynch777
DeadCamper
6 posters

Go down

TotalBiscuit criticizes Skyrim UI Empty TotalBiscuit criticizes Skyrim UI

Post by DeadCamper Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:31 am

(UI = User Interface, of course)

For the PC Skyrim players here, do you agree? Discuss.
He also talks about BF3 and MW3, worth the watch.

DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

TotalBiscuit criticizes Skyrim UI Empty Re: TotalBiscuit criticizes Skyrim UI

Post by Felixlynch777 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:23 am

I haven't played it so I can't say. Though I will agree it's kind of annoying when these long time PC games go to consoles and then the PC versions get degraded as a result. I don't mind a game being on console, but please try to follow DICE and make the game adapted to each platform and give each one equal care.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by palto1826 Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:11 am

It didn't really bug me but I'm also new at pc gaming so I guess I'm doing it wrong

Fuck the menu style the game sucks because this one thing reminds me of consoles...ohhh my poor glorious pc should not have to select something by clicking a button when i should just move my mouse and do it...
Wink
palto1826
palto1826
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:13 am

Nah, TB is a very fair guy, and it's obvious he loves Skyrim.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:49 am

meh, it is def ripped from a console. and yes, it is keyboard driven. that doesn't bother me much, as i enjoy keyboard commands.

the skill menu is totally horrible though.... same with inventory management/equipping/selling things

also assigning the same button to steal/pickup/move objects is kinda lame too.

the lack of a proper character screen with all my stats kinda bugs me too.
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:50 am

palto1826 wrote:It didn't really bug me but I'm also new at pc gaming so I guess I'm doing it wrong

Fuck the menu style the game sucks because this one thing reminds me of consoles...ohhh my poor glorious pc should not have to select something by clicking a button when i should just move my mouse and do it...
Wink

Sorry Palto, but it's not as simple as switching between keyboard and mouse input for the menus.
Mouse is preferred, but it also has to do with how the buttons are laid out in the interface. Sharing an interface between the console and the PC version doesn't automatically make it bad, but there are some that simply don't work for both.

To this day, Dragon Age: Origins has been the only PS3 game I've ever played where it clearly has a PC interface, except for that shitty command wheel, but that's not the wheel's fault, it has mostly to do with how the game was supposed to be played like a Tactical RPG on isometric view, and not as an Action RPG with 3rd person view - it was too complicated for consoles. Then they proceeded to shit all over it with Dragon Age 2. "Well how do you know it's supposed to be played like that if there's a 3rd person camera?!?1" - Well, nobody in their right minds would choose RTS-style view over 3rd person view in that game. Point and Click + 3rd Person doesn't work. Unless you're a casual I guess. Which is null considering you CAN'T POINT AND CLICK WITH THE CONTROLLER. It automatically selects your targets and that's a major pain in the ass if you play anything other than a melee warrior.

What was I talking about again? Oh yeah, interface. I want my shit laid out for me, I don't want to click thru two thousand menus and then scroll some more to get to what I want. I have a bigass screen... ok, it's not a TV screen, but I play in 1080p resolution, where things are a bit small, so there's more than enough space to place every option I have without needing menus and submenus and more scrolly things like.
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 pm

DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:01 pm

^That video isn't about Skyrim (D)
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Yeah I just posted it here because it's my thread and it's TB talking.
Probably should have mentioned it's about videogames and the second hand market and what problems it causes. Such as the rumor that the next Xbox won't allow used games to be played on it.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 pm

What? Who the hell said this is yer thread? What are you planning? You can't just claim something because you said it's yours! THIS IS AMURRKHAH, AN WE BELIEVE IN DEMOCRACY, YOU BASTARD COMMIE PLINKO LIBERAL
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:09 am

Do you have a flag?
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:41 am

I think TB explained it pretty well, I agree with him there.

The more worrying rumour about the next XBOX is that its graphics card is a ATI 6670. This is the card I have in my PC now, a mid range card that came out three years ago. If Microsoft did choose it then it'd be aiming rather low and settling for very little.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:59 am

Felixlynch777 wrote:I think TB explained it pretty well, I agree with him there.

The more worrying rumour about the next XBOX is that its graphics card is a ATI 6670. This is the card I have in my PC now, a mid range card that came out three years ago. If Microsoft did choose it then it'd be aiming rather low and settling for very little.

i find it hilarious people are actually really excited for the potential of that card in the xbox, like it's something totally game changing...

and yes TB pretty much nails it on the game stores...
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by palto1826 Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:36 am

I don't necessarily agree with everything he said in his clip though...I don't think buying a used game means you should have an inferior version of the game...consider purchasing a car, so if you don't buy straight from the company new, it should be.missing a couple wheels? No...maybe there should be a time limit on when a used game can be sold...like after a certain amount of time after release, then you can buy or sell a game...I mean the game is bought in the first place...then maybe if it was a good enough product people wouldn't be as eager to get rid of it, thus less used copies able to be sold...I mean that's not my argument but i just like to point out the diminishing quality of video games ( and not all of them)
palto1826
palto1826
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:46 am

palto1826 wrote:I don't necessarily agree with everything he said in his clip though...I don't think buying a used game means you should have an inferior version of the game...consider purchasing a car, so if you don't buy straight from the company new, it should be.missing a couple wheels?

The whole point is that a used car is inferior to a new one, as in wear and tear. Virtually everything else you buy used is in a worse shape and that is something you as the consumer accept since you get it cheaper. The thing is, this is not the case with video games, the gameplay/graphics/story doesn't deteriorate, you get the exact same enjoyment out of a used game as you get from a new game. I think maybe you missed the point there...
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by palto1826 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:32 am

No I get that portion...but i feel the price has scaled itself properly...either way that was probably a bad analogy...how's about we use instruments instead
palto1826
palto1826
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 pm

But games have always sucked (lol). And there have always been a ton of good games, people still sell and buy and trade. A lot of people just don't care to collect a bunch of stuff their done with, and some people keep everything, even torn underwear (:S). I don't personally think the quality of games affects this situation too much.
Just to be clear, I've bought my fair share of used games at GameStop over the years, and sure it's nice to get a bargain now and then. It's just something I could quite easily give up if it helps developers. And I can't honestly remember the last time I bought a used game, it's just much easier to order my games online where I usually get a pretty good deal anyway.

Hey now I remember, I think I bought Vegas 2 used. And that game ruled!
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by palto1826 Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:51 pm

dont worry dead...theres no need to justify yourself to me Wink ...i was just arguing the flip side of it...i did used to work for a video retailer and they made almost all of their money on used games
palto1826
palto1826
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down