SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay. What the fuck.

+3
Felixlynch777
Valerie
DeadCamper
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Okay. What the fuck. Empty Okay. What the fuck.

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:03 am

Can someone tell me why Steven Fucking Seagal is speaking with a French accent in this interview? And no, of course I don't mean the dubbed parts of whatever show they're promoting, I mean in the actual interview.

How far gone into lala land is he if he actually thinks he's French now?
This reminds me of how people were laughing at Dolph Lundgren back in the 80's or whatever when he had moved to the US, and when he came back to Sweden the guy was talking with an American accent, as if he had actually forgotten how to speak Swedish lol.

DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Okay. What the fuck. Empty Re: Okay. What the fuck.

Post by Valerie Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:21 am

Real quick: Felix STILL insists you look like that guy. Almost rage-quit on him for it. Woulda' punched him in the arm if I could.

Anyway, I read this on IMDb the other day, in the trivia for Batman Begins, and perhaps Seagal does something similar? Or he's just a weirdo. Or both.

During interviews with Christian Bale whilst promoting the movie, he continued using the American accent he'd adopted to play Bruce Wayne/Batman. He explained that he didn't want potential moviegoers to be confused about why Batman, an American institution, was being played by an Welshman. However, this may not be the whole truth, as Bale rarely gives an interview in his native Welsh accent. It is believed that this is because Bale is always using whichever accent is required for his next role, which reflects his commitment as a method actor.

(and yes, it does say whilST.)
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:28 am

If I shaved my head bald, and Steven did the same, would I still look like him? Isn't this just a long hair thing?
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:30 am

I still stand by my assertion that there's a minor resemblance. It's probably the long hair, if you were both bald then I wouldn't see the resemblance. Now you can understand my pain....constantly being told I sound like Harry Potter. At least Steven Seagal is a badass who beats people up and has the best collection of leather jackets around. I'm stuck with some stupid kid who walks around with some magic wand. And look, he's a renaissance man. Actor, martial artist and singer:

Okay. What the fuck. Steven-Seagal-Songs-From-The-Crystal-Cave-Front-Cover-30533
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:34 am

I mean I... look... sweardagod, to be totally honest, like, from the depths of my mind and heart, from both of my hearts actually, the one in my chest and the one in my bum, actually, I'd say Harry Potter is more badass than Steven Seagal. I mean Steven is just... dear god.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorex_VII Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:35 pm

He does seem to have a bit of French accent here and there, maybe its a invuluntary thing and he doesnt even realise it. And Camper sharing similarities with Segal? Only if you count the black hair and Ponytail lol.
Scorex_VII
Scorex_VII
The Dancing Machine
The Dancing Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:02 pm

if he was in france, i could see this happening...

whenever i'm down in cuba, i tend to speak in their accent without even realizing it...

same thing happened when i worked with all east indians in montreal... it happens.
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:08 pm

I know it happens. I change accents when I visit Finland. The point is it's embarrassing and one should be self aware enough to realize it. This is fucking Steven Seagal talking with a French accent in an interview, if you can't see the hilarity in that then here, have some turd pancakes.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggles Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 pm

*eats turd pancakes*

Laughing at French people is a crime. I say so.

Hee hee, that was a nonsensical post, even by MY standards. :'D
Biggles
Biggles
Notorious B.I.G.gles

https://sofaforum.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:13 pm

*totalbiscuit video*
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:14 pm

I swear, you're like an automatic troll. Doesn't matter what I say, you always argue the opposite.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:27 pm

It is kind of funny, but in a way not. Speaking as someone who can speak French and who's been to France quite a number of times, you do have to do an accent for it to sound correct. I've been told mine is very good matter of factly. You can't speak French properly in a "English" accent, it just sounds awful. So kudos to Steven for actually doing it. Who would've thought he was smart enough to actually do it. XD
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Wait what? I was referring to the fact that he's speaking English, his native language, with a fake french accent. This is just like Madonna faking a British accent nowadays to seem sophisticated or something, and the world giggling at her for it, but I guess you guys think that's completely unfunny. :S

DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Well yes that is true as well. But it kind of just happens out of habit. IDK how long he's been there but it happens to me too. Especially with saying my name! Feeleex (with a lot of emphasis on the "x"!)

Speaking of French sounding accents and 80s action stars, does anyone else find the explanations given in Van Damme movies hilarious? To explain the accent he always has some little line thrown in like he grew up in Quebec or something.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:40 pm

i wasn't arguing with you at all dead, you asked a question, i simply answered.. if that's "trolling" i don't know what to tell you....
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:40 pm

If you visit France or move there then of course the natural thing to do is to start speaking French, that's obvious.
But are you saying that when you're in France, and if you happen to speak English there for some reason, you no longer speak British but a broken form of English? Like a Frenchman that is trying to speak English but can't pull it off. Like... do you actually start to talk like Inspector Clouseau? That blows my mind. :S
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Felixlynch777 wrote:Well yes that is true as well. But it kind of just happens out of habit. IDK how long he's been there but it happens to me too. Especially with saying my name! Feeleex (with a lot of emphasis on the "x"!)

Speaking of French sounding accents and 80s action stars, does anyone else find the explanations given in Van Damme movies hilarious? To explain the accent he always has some little line thrown in like he grew up in Quebec or something.

isn't van damme from belgium? a very french speaking area?

edit: just noticed what you were referring to... never really caught that quebec thing in the movies...
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Wait wait wait. So, if Felix traveled to Germany, he'd start talking 1. German and 2. English like Hans Gruber? And if you traveled to Russia you talk Russian, and English like FPSRussia?
That's hilarious. :'D :'D
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Depends on if the accent is strong enough. I can't speak German (apart from repeating lines from WW2 movies or rambling about Prussia) nor Russian so I don't know if accent plays a strong part like French. But if you fuck up the accent in French the whole word can sound wrong.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:20 pm

I just... I'm not talking about the French language, at all. I'm only specifically talking about English, and applying that cliche "accent" on it like French people do in movies.

I just don't understand why you would change your native British accent. If you travel to France with your gf/wife, do the two of you talk like Inspector Clouseau to each other? XD

DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Was my post not read past the Felix-thinks-Camper-looks-like-Seagal-thing?

During interviews with Christian Bale whilst promoting the movie, he continued using the American accent he'd adopted to play Bruce Wayne/Batman. He explained that he didn't want potential moviegoers to be confused about why Batman, an American institution, was being played by an Welshman. However, this may not be the whole truth, as Bale rarely gives an interview in his native Welsh accent. It is believed that this is because Bale is always using whichever accent is required for his next role, which reflects his commitment as a method actor.

And if I traveled to some forragin country, I would probably start unintentionally mimicking their accent. I already do it to you forragins (Campurr, Felix) just playing video games with you guys, intentionally and unintentionally, and it's hilarious and ridiculous. Hopefully no one takes a video of it and puts it on Youtube, and thankfully I'm not known for leather jackets and beating people up.
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:33 pm

I just have a hard time believing Steven is some pro method actor. XD Bale does it on purpose for the movie, doesn't want to break his character in between takes or whatever. But I'm pretty sure Steven is all like "No no what are you talking about yu knoo? I've always talked like this yu knoo". XD

Mimicing their accent? What do you mean? The foreign language isn't an accent, it's a language. Wouldn't you start to talk poor French, French with an American accent, learning as you go, but whenever you speak English if you happen to meet another American or something, you'd just talk your normal Chicago american? How on earth would the French language affect your English language? That makes no sense to me. :S

DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Maybe they'll think I'm cool and exotic if I try to sound like all the Frenchies around us.
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:40 pm

But when you travel to France, they don't, you know, walk around talking English with a French accent, they talk French. :S
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggles Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:42 pm

*took psychology because it interests him*

Actually, it's proven science that, eventually, your accent will match your surroundings, given enough time. It's why there are accents in the first place.

Over time, you adopt the accent that the people around you use. So, Felix would eventually indeed sound German with a year or two of time over there.

Part of the human subconscious desire to fit in. :>
Biggles
Biggles
Notorious B.I.G.gles

https://sofaforum.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum