SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay. What the fuck.

+3
Felixlynch777
Valerie
DeadCamper
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Okay. What the fuck. - Page 2 Empty Re: Okay. What the fuck.

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 pm

That's obvious and not at all what I'm talking about, you're still not getting it. You match your surroundings, yes? Well, in Germany they don't talk English with a German accent, they talk German, and in France they don't talk English with a French accent, they talk French.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Wow me sounding German...just like my ancestors (GOO)

And it's hard for me to explain but if I'm there for a long time, the french accent carries over. Like not like some comedy movie but subtle, yes. The name was a good example. You know how I say it normally, but then I say it how it's said over there "Feeleex" with over emphasis on the x lol. It's hard to describe.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Well that was the first sign that you get what I'm talking about. Phew, I was afraid I was going mad there for a minute. XD
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggles Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:47 pm

...No, what I said has everything to do with all this.

Segal clearly was around French-speaking people, picked up aspects of the accent, and they carried over. Accents do not change between languages. I speak spanish with an American accent, just as you speak English with a Swedish accent. = P
Biggles
Biggles
Notorious B.I.G.gles

https://sofaforum.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Nope, that's not what I'm talking about at all, you're misunderstanding me and telling me things I obviously already know. Haha, I'm emailing with Valerie about this right now, and honestly don't have the energy to start all over explaining it to you as well. :'>
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:03 pm

DeadCamper wrote:Nope, that's not what I'm talking about at all, you're misunderstanding me and telling me things I obviously already know. Haha, I'm emailing with Valerie about this right now, and honestly don't have the energy to start all over explaining it to you as well. :'>
Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+P that wall of text!
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:08 pm

If you, Biggles, were locked in an apartment with a French person who spoke bad English with a French "accent" (it's not really an accent, just broken English) for a year, then I guess it would be inevitable that his bad English would eventually rub off on you.

But, in the same apartment scenario, if he only spoke French, and you had to slowly learn his language, and soon you two started to talk French every day, why then would your own language, English, which you never used, be affected and change?

Now, Felix told me that his English sort of slightly changed while in France, not much but certain words. That makes sense I guess and I am willing to accept that. But what the rest of you are saying just sounds like you're not understanding me at all. D:
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:29 pm

I'd like to put a quick disclaimer that my other half does not speak with an Inspector Clouseau type comedic accent, just wanted that to be known Razz. And to settle this between Biggles and Camper, whoever answers the following maths puzzle first is the winner:

A train leaves San Francisco at 6:00 pm, averaging 60 mph.
Another train headed in the same direction leaves San Francisco at 10:00 pm, averaging 90 mph.
To the nearest tenth, how many hours after the second train leaves will it overtake the first train?
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:30 pm

At cheese!
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Wow, I really wish we'd all be sitting around in the same room right now with a couple of beers maybe playing some videogame while discussing this. XD
I totally feel like I'm not getting what you all are trying to say at all, and vice versa, haha. Typing is really handicapping me here, even though my English isn't superb I really think it'd be easier for me to convey all of this in person. XD I'd probably be laughing incessantly as this discussion slowly melted my brain. Anyway, maybe I'm completely wrong, maybe learning a new language can completely corrupt your previous, native one, maybe that's how it works. I give up lol. :''>
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:20 pm

I'll be honest, I didn't even watch the video.
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Oh. :S
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:43 pm

I did try to, but he was just snorting the whole time and it was pretty disgusting. Thought I could still contribute to the thread though. But it seems I wasn't the only one who missed the point, lol.
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:50 pm

After the weird snorting compilation he started to talk like Clouseau, which made no sense to me and which I found hilarious, since normally he speaks perfect English lol.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:32 pm

I still don't get the hate for Steven. Yes he has the acting skills of a wooden plank and his leather jackets are awfully garish. But did you not see Out For Justice? Under Siege?
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Lol, actually I watched his movies over and over as a kid. XD
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:01 pm

WAIT A MINUTE.

I just watched the video, and, so... the interviewer is, well, French? So he's not even talking to another American? Now I'm even more confused. XD

And I dont think his English is broken at all (or more than what it usually is, I suppose). Ive never watched an interview with him before, but he doesn't fetch me for a very articulate man, so his responses are pretty stupid, plus the having a cold or whatevz, but I dont hear him messing up words or something. He'z eh, just eh, not geeveeng ze intréviewéar ze time of day.

Should he be talking like Pepé Lepew? No. Does he sound hilariously ridiculous doing so? Yes. Am I going to do it if I go to France? You betcha. Am I going to do it when I get home? Probably.

And he looks like an ogre with the way he holds his teacup. Tsk tsk.
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 pm

For like 50-60 years now he's been speaking American. Suddenly, in this interview, he's pronouncing words with a slight French accent, and using French-English lingo like ending sentences with "yu knoo". It's like a white guy using hip-hop lingo, or a pale Asian dude suddenly talking like a Jamaican.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 pm

It's not even very good. Maybe he was trying to practice it! Or maybe, he was being a complete jackass, like I sometimes am when I talk to my Mexican whse guy who barely speaks English and I suddenly start rolling my R's and talking really loud as if that helps him understand me better. "Yez, mon chéri, yoo cen undéarstand lé moi bettéarr dees way, noo?"
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuro Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:17 am

Using a french accent in France doesn't sound too far-fetched... Like Biggles said, it's normal to mirror your surroundings to a certain degree.
Neuro
Neuro
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:22 am

All of you copying my signature....damn roughneck bullet proof homo. Didn't know you hailed from the Gabon area as well.

Also Val, that was some amazing French accent typing there! Srsly, I'm rather impressed. Just remember complete over-emphasis of "x" and you're a pro!
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum