SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT

+3
Biggles
Neuro
Twintower415
7 posters

SoFA :: PC

Go down

PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT Empty PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT

Post by Twintower415 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:01 am

Twintower415
Twintower415
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT Empty Re: PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT

Post by Neuro Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 am

The site tells me I'm forragin trash and should GTFO No

Looks interesting though.
Neuro
Neuro
SoFA Nub
SoFA Nub

Back to top Go down

PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT Empty Re: PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT

Post by Twintower415 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 am

For non us ca guys ask your peeps on us or ca to login for ye
Just make an account and let them grab teh kjey
Twintower415
Twintower415
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggles Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:29 pm

I got my PS2 in 2001, no need for a beta trololololol
Biggles
Biggles
Notorious B.I.G.gles

https://sofaforum.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:58 pm

LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLno but the game is going to be awesome.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Beta Screens:
PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT 4KHcE

PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT NdMtt

PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT 4wOgS

PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT Z7XKy

Gallery with more pics:
https://imgur.com/a/LNM7y#0

Gameplay video footage coming soon, should be up by this weekend.
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Twintower415 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Looks amazing.. I haven't tried it out yet Razz
Twintower415
Twintower415
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Gameplay footage:

Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:53 pm

:/
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Cash Shop:
Weapons
In-Game Cash for real Cash
XP Boosts
Resource Boosts
Weapon Boosts
Speed Boosts
Vehicle Spawn Time Reduction Boosts

Alpha Squad Package: $40.00
Exclusive Founder Title: To distinguish you from the "peasants"
Exclusive Badge: To show the peasants you can somehow afford 40 dollars, probably because you have some kind of "elitist" job or something.
Exclusive In-Game Ammo: ^^ Same
12 Weapon Unlocks
XP/Resource Boost for 6 Months

Haha, so the cosmetic items only thing is false. I knew PS2 was too good to be true and there'd be a catch. I want it to be good but...F2P just irks me. This is pay2win.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Exclusive Founder Title: To distinguish you from the "peasants"
Exclusive Badge: To show the peasants you can somehow afford 40 dollars, probably because you have some kind of "elitist" job or something.
Exclusive In-Game Ammo: ^^ Same
12 Weapon Unlocks
says the guy who bought Premium Wink

like i said, all this stuff can be bought with in game currency (aside from the titles and camo).

even the weapons boosts, speed boosts and vehicle spawn time reductions (all pretty cheaply at that).

i'd give it a try before you're so quick to say it's pay2win...

that said, these games do need to make money somehow, and 39.99 is more than reasonable for the scope of this game.
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Premium for £27, which is less than what 2 expansions would cost so it's a good deal then. cheers

I was a bit quick on the trigger, so to speak. I'll wait and see but F2P is just a pet peeve of mine. Just wish it was a normal game with everyone on the same level. But I'll reserve judgement till then.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Lol, if this game was anywhere NEAR Pay2Win I'm pretty sure TotalBiscuit would have started a war against western culture by now. Don't worry, he's guarding it closely.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Well to be fair he has been criticised widely for denying Tribes is P2W when he's overflowing with XP due to referrals and his own commercial interests are involved. Principles or ideals go out the window when money becomes involved.

Last edited by Felixlynch777 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Felixlynch777 wrote:Principals or ideals go out the window when money becomes involved.
While this is true, I think you, me and Gandhi would become corrupted before TB ever did. So if he's sugarcoated Tribes just a bit then he's still held out longer than we would.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:36 pm

DeadCamper wrote:
Felixlynch777 wrote:Principals or ideals go out the window when money becomes involved.
While this is true, I think you, me and Gandhi would become corrupted before TB ever did. So if he's sugarcoated Tribes just a bit then he's still held out longer than we would.
PS2 BETA KEY GOGOGO BEFORE IT RANS OUTTTTT Arnie

IDK man....Gandhi was starved and tortured XD

Also "principals" what a dreadfully bad typo. Embarassed
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:46 pm

As per usual: Exaggeration in order to paint a clearer picture. Shouldn't be such a forragin concept. Neutral

It's just that in your previous post you almost made it seem like money leading to corruption is somehow a little known secret, while I think it's obvious that TB is extremely aware of it and reflects on it more than most, even talking about it openly on his channel. He seems like a dude who sits there and actively combats it every day going "Okay... okay... how do I not fall into this trap today?".

And with this society of "build them up and tear them down" mentality I think there's a huge group of very biased anti-fanbois out there willing to twist anything he says or does into making it look like he's this horrible bad guy underneath it all or whatever.

But back on topic; I'm fairly certain PS2 won't be pay2win.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:00 pm

I've played a lot of F2P games, shooters, RPGs, ect, and this and Tribes seem to be the least "pay 2 win" around...

even if you wanted to buy all the fancy boosts and upgrades, they are level locked. and a 10% boost to XP for 6 months is hardly going to make you a superstar player.

plus you need to earn certifications for gear upgrades, which can only be obtained through playing the game, and from what i can tell, you can't buy boosts for certs or buy them in the cash shop either.

PS: someone turn off flood control, it makes editing typos a pain in the ass.
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:48 am

I've played Planetside 2 for a bit, it's a nice fun game, maybe I'll end up picking it up once it's released. I know it's a beta, but they still need to work a fair bit on the optimization. Everything on the lowest possible settings and I still got low framerates on a large scale battles. Otherwise, a mix of medium-high options is fine.

it doesn't seem like it will be P2W, either. It helps to know it doesn't belong to EA.
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:00 am

BeazelWeasel wrote:I've played Planetside 2 for a bit, it's a nice fun game, maybe I'll end up picking it up once it's released. I know it's a beta, but they still need to work a fair bit on the optimization. Everything on the lowest possible settings and I still got low framerates on a large scale battles. Otherwise, a mix of medium-high options is fine.

it doesn't seem like it will be P2W, either. It helps to know it doesn't belong to EA.

hmmm, i get fairly steady framerates...on everything maxxed out (cept motion blur, i just hate motion blur period)

i get some slow-down when i first get into the game, but checking the forums, i heard it's an issue with lag on the Us east servers that i play on. i dont doubt that it needs some optimization, but i'm guessing that's the point of having a beta in the first place, stress test the servers, find issues.
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:59 am

@Campy I'm not an anti TB fanboy though. I enjoy his videos a lot and have been subscribed for a long time. But he isn't a saint.

I have to rant here and agree with Omni. Motion blur, God how I hate it. Looks bad and lowers your frames per second. Why the hell in an FPS would you want blur anyway. I loved it in RDR to hide rendering textures too. Blur in general annoys me, especially when used as substitute to anti aliasing. GTA IV on PS3 is horrendously bad with this. Blury as hell, draw distance of maybe 10 feet and fails to keep 30fps at all. The game only runs and looks decent on XBOX360.

/rant

I was very glad to hear Omni tell me two extremely alien concepts are finally being brought back for PS2. Friendly fire and no health regen. (GOO)
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:09 pm

GGs to Palto and Twynn on an epic night of Planetside 2... armored kill has nothing on the amount of tanks i saw on the battlefield... lol
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Twintower415 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:22 pm

All your tanks... full geared!
Twintower415
Twintower415
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Omnirock Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Kind of a recruitment video sorta deal for our group on Jaeger.. mostly just messing around with a bunch of clips i'd gathered.

although names are disabled, you can find twynn flying a scythe, palto in a gunship, and in various other roles... (on and OFF camera *wink wink*)
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 am

Go purple!
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down