SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Island...

+4
DeadCamper
TrgaDaBest
peacemaker_sanad
Decitron
8 posters

Go down

Dead Island... Empty Dead Island...

Post by Decitron Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:53 am

Looks pretty sweet.

Decitron
Decitron
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Dead Island... Empty Re: Dead Island...

Post by peacemaker_sanad Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:44 am

Yep it looks decent but the CO-OP portion worrys me, you know, lone-wolfers, sel-fish team/squad mates, etc etc.
All in all i'm getting this game, yep anything but a (FPS/TPS) shooter!
peacemaker_sanad
peacemaker_sanad
SoFA Sheik

Back to top Go down

Post by Decitron Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:53 am

Decitron
Decitron
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TrgaDaBest Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am

I remember watching that trailer... Hot shit... Yeah this game looks interesting, I may get it once I know more about it
TrgaDaBest
TrgaDaBest
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Decitron Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:19 am

20 minute gameplay video:

kind of reminds me of farcry and fallout

a couple things:

-i'd like the option to take off the XP indicator
-the truck didn't seem to take structural damage from hitting about a dozen zombies
-don't like the stamina meter, i'd like the option to remove it from view.
-not crazy about the slo mo executions
-i like that you can be knocked down
Decitron
Decitron
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:00 pm

I love the slow mo executions, they remind me of Killing Floor. That's badass.
I don't like the constant comments your character makes whenever she kills something though, I'm sure it'd get old over time.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Decitron Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:23 am

Apparently the different classes of zombies are very close to those in Left4Dead

The Ram=The Charger
The Drowner=The Spitter
The Suicider=The Boomer
The Butcher=The Hunter
Decitron
Decitron
SoFA Regular
SoFA Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 am

There's only so many zombie variants one can come up with.

Before it gets ridiculous, anyway.
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:31 am

Decitron is now Tobias Funke!
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Twintower415 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 am

Twintower415
Twintower415
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:01 am

This was released, it seems a bit of a technical mess. The PC version was a real blunder. A shame reallyas I was looking forward to some Co-op fun with fellow SFA members. I'll rent it I think and see. From wiki:

Dead Island has received mixed to positive critical reception since its release, according to Metacritic. Metacritic scores were 81/100, 70/100 and 73/100 for the PC, xbox360 and PlayStation 3 versions respectively. Metacritic users responses were also mixed with 6.2, 6.7 and 6.0 on the respective systems. The Italian PlayStation Magazine has given the game a rating of 8.5. praising its outdoor environments, realistic combat, and co-op mode but criticizing the indoor graphics and lack of split-screen multiplayer. IGN gave the game an 8.0, criticizing the game presentation, glitches, various bugs for the consoles, and texture loading, but praising the atmosphere and overall feel of the game and stating that the game's pro-points are significant enough to outweigh its cons.[35] Game Informer gave Dead Island an 8.5, saying, "If you’ve spent your time planning for the zombie apocalypse, Dead Island is the best option so far to test how long you’d last." Official Xbox Magazine (UK) gave the game a score of 7.0, stating that while it falls short of its potential, there is more than enough to make up for the in-game issues, while the US version gave it 8.0. CVG awarded the game a more negative score of 6.5, stating "This budget zombie thriller ain't too pretty but could manage to capture a cult following."[38] However, Edge magazine gave Dead Island a 3/10 score referencing a very large number of gameplay and technical issues.[31]

The PC version of the game has initially received many negative reviews from magazines and websites due to an accidental release of the development version of the game on Steam. This included features such as no-clipping and the ability to toggle third-person perspective.[39] Rock Paper Shotgun also noted that the code revealed references to Xbox 360 version.[40] The developers, Deep Silver, released a first-day patch seeking to address as many as 37 issues.[41]

Some strange controversy as well:

Originally one of the unlockable skills for the playable character Purna which is called "Gender Wars" was to be titled "Feminist Whore". The original name could be found within the debug files on the PC version.

Publisher Deep Silver had commented on the title found on the game and said to Kotaku

"The line in question was something a programmer considered a private joke. The skill naturally has a completely different in-game name and the script reference was also changed [...] In the end that code was made a part of the product and signed with our company name. We deeply regret that fact and we apologize to all our customers or anyone who might have been offended by that inappropriate expression."

[20]

There have also been widespread reports of the console and PC versions of the game randomly wiping progression including time played, items collected, missions completed, and character levels gained. Techland has indicated that the cause is not yet known, but stated this may be avoided by not connecting the system to a network while playing.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by palto1826 Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:35 am

I will buy this game right here and now if I can buy they version with the skill still named "feminist whore"
palto1826
palto1826
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:44 am

Lol yeah, read about it in the kotaku newsletter. Anyone who would find it offensive lives in a small, sheltered little world.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by BeazelWeasel Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:43 am

^ Tell that to the fat feminists that call Fat Princess an anti-feminist game because carrying around a chubby princess means that fat women are nothing but objects to be carried around by men. lolol
Seriously, if you google "Fat Princess feminist" you'll see so many search results I didn't even want to post every single one of them.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=fat+princess+feminist
BeazelWeasel
BeazelWeasel
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:04 am

Dude, I know. Those are exactly the kind of people I'm talking about. Shot in the streets they should be.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Yeah I don't understand how some could find this offensive. But then again feminists can be some crazy, stupid and ignorant people at times.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down