SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GG's Thread (BF3)

+19
omarionfire
Biggles
Nelsyboy
Omnirock
Trone_Colby
BeazelWeasel
Jammer
TheAmazingWho?
EmeraldLynx
Felixlynch777
Twintower415
RatedStinger
PetZku
Valerie
Shindib
SovereignSpirit
peacemaker_sanad
DeadCamper
palto1826
23 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

GG's Thread (BF3) - Page 11 Empty Re: GG's Thread (BF3)

Post by Omnirock Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:09 pm

cR's looking to be a top 5 team, so advantages like that are starting to be incorporated. Although I'm a bit surprised even cody is doing it. He might just be doing it because he had such a long break playing skyrim.

it's not so much an "advantage" as abusing something in a way it wasn't meant to be.
Omnirock
Omnirock
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Omnirock wrote:
cR's looking to be a top 5 team, so advantages like that are starting to be incorporated. Although I'm a bit surprised even cody is doing it. He might just be doing it because he had such a long break playing skyrim.

it's not so much an "advantage" as abusing something in a way it wasn't meant to be.
Yes, it's an advantage from abusing aim assist. All the top teams like QxD and LoD use it, so cR's not going to put off using it to be at a disadvantage at close range.

Interesting note: In an interview with Dice, sek asked about the aim assist abuse. Storm, the guy in charge of patches and such now, said they don't believe it to be a problem.
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorex_VII Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:26 pm

I dont do it not only because you are exploiting the system, but because , to me, i find it more difficult to hit anyone with that, even tho i feel the strong snap on aim assist (Today after the last patch it felt stronger, might be wrong)
Scorex_VII
Scorex_VII
The Dancing Machine
The Dancing Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:26 pm

People are pretty much pigeonholed into using it.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:46 pm

I accidentally used in in BC2. On my old controller when I held L1, it would flicker from aiming and not aiming down sights. Razz
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:50 pm

At least it was beneficial lol. When I played BF3, my worn-out controller would make me go prone in the middle of every other gun fight causing me to die, the thumb sticks were just that sensitive and crappy. Dying from that got pretty old pretty darn fast.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:52 pm

It happened at mid to long range too, which, as you could imagine, is NOT really benefited from it.

Still better than random proning.
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:57 pm

True.
The random controller induced proning wasn't a problem in BC2 as 1. There's no prone, and 2. You switch instantly from standing to crouch to standing again, whereas in BF3 every movement takes an hour and your character feels clunky and slow, after going prone you can pretty much kiss your ass goodbye.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11