SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SoFA
Biggles - August 2016
Oh hey, everyone. You stumbled back upon this. I never really wrapped up the revamped site I promised! That's okay though, I think we all moved on. Some truly lasting friendships and a whole fuckton of drama were developed here in a nice slushy 2:3 ratio. Should you care to find me someday, I'm on Steam. Search "bigglesbringsdanoize" and you should bump into my account. Happy travels, stranger!
SoFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace out SoFA

+7
omarionfire
Felixlynch777
Scorex_VII
PetZku
RatedStinger
DeadCamper
cincy
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Peace out SoFA Empty Peace out SoFA

Post by cincy Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:05 pm

I feel I need to address something, and i'm sure the 6 of you that come here regularly will flame. Come at me bro(s).

For a while, i've seen a change in this place. Fewer people showing up. People moving to PC. Camping of the Xat. Now that I can count the number of regulars on both hands and still have a finger or two left over, it's time to go. And that's not the only reason. This place used to be about Battlefield on PS3. It's what brought us all together. Now, most of the few regulars don't even play on PS3. Those that do don't play Battlefield. I still love Battlefield. I could care less about PC gaming. This just isn't the place for me anymore.

I hate seeing the Xat in its current state, A year ago, it would have quite a few people during various hours of the day. Now, one. Maybe two. And half the time they are AFK.

I've joined up with a new group of people, and that is where I shall devote my time. I've deleted pretty much everyone here because honestly, you were all taking up space for someone that shares my interests. Peace out SoFA, I will never forget you, although it feels as though i've been forgotten.
cincy
cincy
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Peace out SoFA Empty Re: Peace out SoFA

Post by DeadCamper Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Not sure what you mean by you being forgotten, but other than that, adios for now.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

http://deadcamper.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RatedStinger Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:13 pm

I've considered writing up something similar, but I figure that backing off instead of checking the site every 2-3 days only to be disappointed would be better since this isn't really a clan. Hell it hardly qualifies as a social group now considering how bare it's been for the past few months.
RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cincy Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:35 pm

RatedStinger wrote:I've considered writing up something similar, but I figure that backing off instead of checking the site every 2-3 days only to be disappointed would be better since this isn't really a clan. Hell it hardly qualifies as a social group now considering how bare it's been for the past few months.

I just wanted to remind people why we started coming here in the first place. Seems everyone forgot. This place is nothing but PC talk and 3 people posting regularly anymore. I know it's not a clan, but i've been here since the beginning. I've had many laughs and good times here. Sadly that is a thing of the past.

Camper, take what I just said, combine it with the first post, and give it a little thought. My comment about being forgotten is basically a metaphor about people like me who came here because of Battlefield on PS3 just to have everyone to abandon them and the reason we all came together. I feel out of place, as i'm sure many others do. I still love Battlefield, I don't play on a PC. So where does that leave me? I'll tell you. Clearing out my friends list to make room for people that want to play BF3 on PS3, and regretfully leaving a place I once loved. This board has nothing to offer me anymore. I hate to say it, but it's the truth.
cincy
cincy
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 am

Well that could be said for me as well then.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by PetZku Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:24 am

cincy wrote:

I've joined up with a new group of people

I love you
PetZku
PetZku
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by RatedStinger Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:43 am

Cincy, it's hopeless. He doesn't seem to get it.
RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:48 am

Obviously I do, it's hardly rocket science. I've been saying the same thing for ages. The only difference is I haven't left, and of course Cincy can leave if he feels like he has to, that's completely up to him.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorex_VII Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:03 am

Who did you joined...? Lol jk, tho i feel the same about me i dont want to leave...Sure, i hardly post or check the forums, because most of the time is about PC stuff or random things lol. Also people just stopped showing up here... Maybe things will change with BC3 who knows, all i know is this was pretty much like this when BF3 got released, so it isnt BF3 fault, tho the state of the game (Not arguing there) made some people sad and mad, and they decided either to leave, go into the shadows, play PC or go retro and play BC2. Me? I still play a bit with everyone.

GGs to Camper and Val last night on R6:V2 Wink
Scorex_VII
Scorex_VII
The Dancing Machine
The Dancing Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:47 am

Fair enough Cincy. Can't say I disagree. R3D has become what we were back in the BC2 days so it's a good idea to join them. Smile

You know it's not exactly unheard of for clans to change their direction/platform. All the PC guys have noticed it as well and we've all talked about it. The reason there is a lot of PC talk is because PC gaming is much stronger in the social/multiplayer aspect than the PS3 is. Just yesterday I was playing a single player game whilst at the same time talking with Beazel and Biggles about music Razz. We have a lot more to talk about due to the nature of the platform we play on. Every single PS3 is exactly the same. Every single PC is different. Plus I think we have so many more varied games to play. BF3, Shogun 2, Diablo 3, Mount and Blade, Lord of The Rings War in the north, etc. The vast majority of you guys pretty much play BF3.

The only reason I don't invite my other friends to join here is because I didn't want to alienate anyone. Seeing as it seems you already are then I may as well go ahead with it. Bye Cincy, it was good fun playing with you. This whole "I was forgotten" thing is pretty lulzworthy though. Overly dramatic a tad maybe?

And sting since you ignored me on Battlelog who are the "two trolls and someone who gets their feet kissed"?
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Location : Neuro's rape dungeon/plains of Prussia as a Totenkopfhusaren

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:51 am

Felixlynch777 wrote:And sting since you ignored me on Battlelog who are the "two trolls and someone who gets their feet kissed"?
Lol, so that's how it is...
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:11 am

Indeed it seems so Camper.

Anyway on a positive, non retarded, note I'm not sure if Val told you but I was looking to pick up RBS:V2 as well. It's only £7 and I really enjoyed the first game on XBOX 360 so I think I'll like this. Can you still switch between the ultra (goo) thermal sights and night vision :>. I'm getting UC3 as well if any of you have that.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by cincy Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:21 am

Overly dramatic? Probably, Felix. But I wanted to get my point across. I understand sometimes clans/groups change their focus, I just never thought it would happen here. This group was founded on one thing and one thing only: BC2 on PS3. The series is rarely mentioned here anymore, and usually when it is, it's the PC version.

Like I said, i've been here since the beginning, within the first few weeks. I still remember the old site. That's why it pains me to go. I've been coming back at least once a day for months now, and seeing topics that either don't interest me in the slightest or have nothing to do with me. So I go to the chat. There may be 1 or 2 people there, and usually they are AFK. And that's not bashing you JM. I know I give you the most hell about it. But hell, even you are now playing PC.

This is why i'm leaving. There is no one here that shares my interests anymore it seems, and no one here period. My main purpose was to let people know i'm deleting them, I won't forget them, but it's time to move on.
cincy
cincy
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:04 am

Why didn't you think it wouldn't happen here? I've seen huge clans, clans that had membership fees and make SnM look like a bunch of amateurs, break up and finish. Of course there was going to be this issue over some liking BF3 or not and the disparity between the platforms was going to cause a divide. It's hard to talk about BF3 since we are playing basically very different games. We're a small community yes but TBH I still see and talk to friends from here on Steam almost every day. Very soon I'm looking forward to having a lot more free time to catch up with the Sexy Swede Campuh and his small handed sidekick Valerie Very Happy.

This whole "JM is on PC" thing was a semi-joke. He has 2 games on it. I understand your feeling of isolation. I felt the same way back in BC2 when no one in SoFA had ever played the older BF games. Did it make me go all emo and never talk to anyone or reply to topics? No. So it's fine. If you want to go then go. It was nice knowing you and such. Just in future do it the quiet "omar" style, it makes you look a lot less melodramatic.
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 am

That's cool Cincy and it's sad to see you go. I don't play PC games either and I know what you mean in that respect. If my first post sounded snide or anything along those lines it wasn't meant to be. Gg's for the times we had in BC2 and BF3.

Felix: We played some Vegas 2 with Scorex the other night and it was really fun. And yeah you can use both thermals and night vision. :>
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Felixlynch777 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:12 am

Haha excellent then. Keep my seat warm guys, only a little while longer then I'm ready to play moar games. Be warned though, I go in dry. Twisted Evil
Felixlynch777
Felixlynch777
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by cincy Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:28 am

Felixlynch777 wrote:I understand your feeling of isolation. I felt the same way back in BC2 when no one in SoFA had ever played the older BF games. Did it make me go all emo and never talk to anyone or reply to topics? No. So it's fine. If you want to go then go. It was nice knowing you and such. Just in future do it the quiet "omar" style, it makes you look a lot less melodramatic.

Going down quietly isn't me. And yes it may have been melodramatic, but it got my point across. But my point is, there is nothing left for me here. Nothing to talk about, no one to chat with. Sure I could have posted nothing and disappeared, but I felt a proper goodbye to the place/people I had so much fun with for almost 2 years was the least I could do.
cincy
cincy
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by omarionfire Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Felixlynch777 wrote: I felt the same way back in BC2 when no one in SoFA had ever played the older BF games. Did it make me go all emo and never talk to anyone or reply to topics? No. So it's fine. If you want to go then go. It was nice knowing you and such. Just in future do it the quiet "omar" style, it makes you look a lot less melodramatic.

Hey Felix, and i guess anyone here, if yall sent me an invite to play any game i have, i'll join you. I have no problems with SoFA. I see you gettin UC3, i've been thinkin of gettin it too, so we can probably play that. I just don't post since the topics don't interest me. and most of yall are still on my friends list, its just we dont play the same games. And the xat? it's been on life support for months now.

3 games i've been lookin at: LBP2, Dark Souls, and UC3. Need something to play while i have ppl over. AND i can't wait for BL2 which i will definitely get.

omarionfire
omarionfire
SoFA Pro
SoFA Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Twintower415 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:23 pm

I don't want to derail the thread but I'm letting Camper and Felix know that I have RB6:V2 on PS3, we can/might play it sometime. I'd love to.

Goodbye Cincy and have a good time on other people.
Twintower415
Twintower415
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by RatedStinger Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Felixlynch777 wrote:Why didn't you think it wouldn't happen here? I've seen huge clans, clans that had membership fees and make SnM look like a bunch of amateurs, break up and finish. Of course there was going to be this issue over some liking BF3 or not and the disparity between the platforms was going to cause a divide. It's hard to talk about BF3 since we are playing basically very different games. We're a small community yes but TBH I still see and talk to friends from here on Steam almost every day. Very soon I'm looking forward to having a lot more free time to catch up with the Sexy Swede Campuh and his small handed sidekick Valerie Very Happy.

This whole "JM is on PC" thing was a semi-joke. He has 2 games on it. I understand your feeling of isolation. I felt the same way back in BC2 when no one in SoFA had ever played the older BF games. Did it make me go all emo and never talk to anyone or reply to topics? No. So it's fine. If you want to go then go. It was nice knowing you and such. Just in future do it the quiet "omar" style, it makes you look a lot less melodramatic.

It has nothing to do with BF3. Hell the forums started being shallow around mid-summer. Nowadays, it's just the same few people and there's little variation in what they say so there's not much of the recent activity I find engaging anymore.
RatedStinger
RatedStinger
SoFA Expert
SoFA Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammer Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Felixlynch777 wrote:Why didn't you think it wouldn't happen here? I've seen huge clans, clans that had membership fees and make SnM look like a bunch of amateurs, break up and finish. Of course there was going to be this issue over some liking BF3 or not and the disparity between the platforms was going to cause a divide. It's hard to talk about BF3 since we are playing basically very different games. We're a small community yes but TBH I still see and talk to friends from here on Steam almost every day. Very soon I'm looking forward to having a lot more free time to catch up with the Sexy Swede Campuh and his small handed sidekick Valerie Very Happy.

PFFT, 4 games bro.
...1 came with 3, and the final is portal 2 which was included with the ps3 version. >_>

And I apologize for camping the xat, Cincy, I had the sound off a lot so half the time I didn't even realize someone was on.
Jammer
Jammer
SoFA boss
SoFA boss

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Tue May 01, 2012 2:33 am

RatedStinger wrote:It has nothing to do with BF3. Hell the forums started being shallow around mid-summer. Nowadays, it's just the same few people and there's little variation in what they say so there's not much of the recent activity I find engaging anymore.
It is what you make it. You can't expect people to always act and say and cater to what you prefer. How about starting some topics and discussions of your own, contribute and don't just read and expect others to deliver, who says we won't participate?

I for one like discussions or just to read others thoughts or hopes or whatever. Ironically, whenever I'm NOT joking around all I hear is "are you writing a novel again?" and just generally being mocked for being "too serious". Even Cincy flipped out and called a recent discussion the dumbest ever. I get the feeling you people don't want in depth discussions, you just want to agree with each other, and as soon as someone replies with more than one sentence they're apparently being aggressive or mad or a pain. So how come you haven't helped me out or tried to change stuff on your own?

If your answer is something along the lines of "I don't care about this place" then fine, but in that case you don't really have any right or reason to complain either.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorex_VII Tue May 01, 2012 2:56 am

I kinda want to get BL2 and like it...But the first was horrible alone, and in coop was way too easy, making it somewhat boring midway. And the screwed up mic function didnt help. Im praying for it.
Scorex_VII
Scorex_VII
The Dancing Machine
The Dancing Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadCamper Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 am

I liked Borderlands, but the inherent problem, as usual, was that you and your friends had to be the same level, otherwise coop became a pain in the ass.
DeadCamper
DeadCamper
SoFA 1337
SoFA 1337

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie Tue May 01, 2012 5:03 am

Felixlynch777 wrote:And sting since you ignored me on Battlelog who are the "two trolls and someone who gets their feet kissed"?
Ew, I hope I'm not the last one. Gross.

Anyway, cheers mate. Hope your new place suits you well.
Valerie
Valerie
SoFA Queen
SoFA Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next